Chapter 29 - 12th November

Silent readers, how far 👀

Aya

"...No! Not like that, arrange them vertically!" The Camera man abi woman yelled, which completely startled me.

"But...what difference does it make?" I Asked in confusion, Making her firm Her already bored facial expression.

"What difference does it make?" She raised an eyebrow "arranging meat pies anyhow on the baking tray is absolutely wrong and unprofessional. You're making it looks so disorganized, as if you have no idea what you're doing. That's the difference!"

That woman was clearly on a mission to frustrate me, and she was very much succeeding.

There's this new cooking show That Honey TV  were getting ready to introduce to their channel, which I was picked to be the host for, and since I was the host, the show was named after me; Aya's Table. It's all about tasty and versatile African dishes that one can enjoy for both lazy and festive seasons. Each episode will run for 30 minutes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays.

Nigeria is abundantly blessed with good food and a rich food culture, so It certainly is a dream come true for me to be the host and it's one step closer to fulfilling my dream of giving African food a good rep on the food map. I love what Honey TV represents. I love how they are showcasing the rich culture of Africa, and now to have me on board on their huge platform to share some authentic Naija recipes is certainly a huge milestone in my career and the fulfilment of my overall purpose.

So far everything is going well, but you see this stupid camera woman, she's getting on my last nerve.

"I don't appreciate being yelled at, Tolani" I stated in a neutral tone "you can correct me as much as you want but there's no need to be aggressive"

"Excuse me?" She took her shades off.

"I didn't stutter"

"Wow!" She let out a humorless chuckle "do you know who you're talking to?"

"It doesn't matter who you are, the point is that you cannot talk to or yell at me like that"

"What's this girl feeling like?" She Asked while looking at the whole crew "my friend rearrange those meat pies like I told you to!"

Lol.

I could see my assistant, Linda literally begging me with her eyes to not say anything else in order to avoid getting into yet another brawl with Tolani, but I simply ignored it because that day wasn't a day for me to let anything slide, I was frustrated and had feelings I wanted to get rid of, so if Tolani wants a piece, who am I to decline the beautiful offer?

"I'll do it MY way, and wallahil azeem if you talk to me like that again, I'm going to slap you, because you don't have the right to boss me around like you're the one who hired me" I hissed "you better mind your business, and if you can't do that, leave the camera and come and host the show yourself"

"You-"

"What's going on?" The Director, Mrs Tina Adeyemi Asked as she came back to the kitchen. She left for a brief moment to get something to drink, which was what gave Tolani the chance to start with her rubbish.