Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Promise To His Daughter

I see Garett and Marissa and Klar. They are surrounded by white lounge chairs. Marissa was preparing the food while Klar and Garett were trying to make a fire on the sand.

Klar said something to Garett that made him laugh. He looks at Klar and they high-fived.

I smile at the sight. I'm not even jealous. The friendship of the three of them looks so genuine and even though Marissa and Klar openly admit how they find Garett Verona handsome, I can see that it was just a silly crush.

My attraction towards Garett is what I can't even name. I have no idea what this is, but when he's near... it's hard to breathe.

"You like the guy."

I look at Gabriel who's now standing beside me from my balcony. He's holding a cup of tea in his hand. I'm not even surprised that he's here. Nasanay na ako sa paratihan niyang pagsulpot kaya hindi na ako nagugulat.

Mabuti nga't hindi siya sumusulpot sa tuwing naliligo ako dahil baka kapag nakita siya ni Daddy ay mata niya na lamang ang walang latay.

"I like you, too," I teased him.

"Oh, please, no!" he pauses from taking a sip of his tea just to frown.

Natawa ako sa pagiging OA niya. "I'm kidding. You're way too old for me. How old are you even? twenty six? twenty seven?"

He looks straight at the peninsula, as if he's thinking. "Hmm... six thousand? No..." He says and then he sticks out his fingers in the air like he's counting.

After a few moments, he stops and then he looks at me. "I lost count, but I was here when God said, let there be light." He says and I laugh.

I laughed so hard that I almost cried. Gabriel just watched me, with his brows furrowing a little. He's looking at me like I'm crazy when I should be the one who's giving him that kind of look.

"You're so weird, Gabriel." I say, in between my laughs, wiping the tear from the corner of my eye using my index finger.

He gives me a weird look.

He's really weird.

But then everything in this place is weird.

"Maeve!"

I was pull out of my trance when I hear someone calling me. Sabay kaming napatingin ni Gabriel sa may ibaba and there we saw Garett, Marissa, and Klar looking up from where we are.

Marissa cups her hands over her mouth and yells, "Hello!"

And then she starts waving both her hands in the air while jumping and smiling at me. I just nod and smile at her. Garett was just looking at me. Klar doesn't know if she'd frown or not.

Marissa cups her mouth again. "Come join us here!" she yells.

"I'll pass tonight!" I yelled back and I noticed how Garett looked down on the dune. Both them and Klar went back to what they're doing.

"Okay!" Marissa yells. "I'll see you tomorrow! Love you!" She even formed a heart shape over her head using her arms, causing me to blush ridiculously. What the fuck was that about?

I was still stunned as I looked at Marissa, going back to arranging their table.

I hear a low chuckle from the man standing beside me. "She only said two words. Love and you. That was actually cute and sweet and yet you look like someone just yelled that their gonna murder you."