Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Last Chapter

"Do you want to stay here, Maeve? With them?"

That was the question that Dad asked me, and I'm not gonna lie. I was very tempted to say yes. I wanted to stay with my brother, my sisters, and with Dad.

But I don't want to leave my mom and dad. Just thinking about the damage that I will permanently leave to them breaks my heart into a million pieces. They couldn't afford to lose another child.

And I want to go back. I want to tell my parents everything. I want to let them know that they don't have to grief anymore, to mourn anymore... because my siblings are all doing great. They're fine and they're happy- being well taken care of under God's hands.

And so I'm here. Together with my Dad back inside the same room where I woke up for the first time.

I roam my eyes around the place once again, memorizing every detail, inhaling every memory, not wanting to miss a single thing.

"Is this finally our goodbye?" I ask Dad, not hiding the sadness in my tone. If I could just stay in two worlds all at once... but that's not possible. Isa lang ang pwede kong piliin.

"No," he says. "This is not our goodbye, Maeve. No matter where you go, I will always, always be with you. You have to remember that." He reminded me.

I smile. "I will always hold onto that."

"Dad?" I call him.

"Yes?"

I give him my sweetes smile. "I'm just happy that I can call you my Dad."

"And I'm happy, too that you finally know who you are."

Yes. I now know who I am.

I am His.

I am his daughter.

I didn't say anything. I just hug him for the last time. He let me savor the moment, he let me embrace him, until I'm now lying back on my bed, with him sitting on the side while he holds my hand.

"We will see each other again," He whispers gently as he softly touches my forehead.

"Continue writing your story, Maeve." He says, looking at me in the eyes.

"I'm... I'm still scared." I admit. It was just a simple sentence that meant a lot, and I know that even if I don't elaborate or explain to him the root cause of my fear and my doubt, he still understands.

He smiles at me for the last time before leaning to press the most gentle kiss on my forehead. "You have me. I will fight for you."

That was the last thing that I've heard from him until I completely fell asleep just to wake up inside a hospital room with my mom and dad, sitting on the side of my hospital bed.

"Maeve?" It was my mother the moment she noticed me open my eyes.

"Maeve! Oh my God! Our daughter is awake! Call the doctor!"

And dad immediately stood up, calling the doctor.

"How are you feeling? Can you hear me? Can you see me? Oh my God, my baby girl..." Mom starts crying habang aligaga siya sa pagasikaso sa akin. Hindi niya alam kung hahawakan niya ba ako sa noo o sa braso.

"Mom..." I call him in my faint voice.

"Yes? Yes, honey? What is it? You need anything?"

"I saw them, Mom. I saw Dad," nakita ko kung paano natigilan si Daddy nang tingnan niya ako.

"I saw Dad..." I tell him. "He saved me from the lion that's trying to devour me. He said stop, and the lion bowed down to him." I said and I watch how tears starts falling into my dad's eyes as he finally gets what I'm talking about.

Tiningnan ko si Mommy. "I saw Nathan, mom. I saw my sisters. They're okay, they're happy and they're all playing together." I tell her and my mother begins crying and smiling and nodding.

I couldn't understand what that means at first. I couldn't decipher whether they're thinking that I have gone crazy or I'm just making up story, but then mom held my hand and said, "Tell us everything, honey... we believe you."