47. better than sex

047

047

The vestige of his chilling fingertips continued to scour through her body, her despondency and arbitrary dilemmas that were masticating at her mind were now gone.

She was drowned and suffocated entirely by his gentle words and soothing touch.

He adjusted all her broken pieces back together, cementing the crevices with passion and admiration. Reaching into her soul and kissing away at her burning concerns with grace and patience.

Devora was overwhelmed with the feeling of marvel, unable to keep her mind off the conversations they had that weekend.

Specifically one.

Four words changed her life, as well as invigorated her bones and muscles, causing her to disregard all her difficult circumstances for just one night.

One night in a man's arms.

A man with the ability to make her knees tremble, to make her worries vanish off the face of the earth like they were nothing but bleak oblivion with one single smile, and a single hold of his hand.

It was like spotting the last piece to a jigsaw puzzle— the representation of the puzzle making so much more sense when that piece was clicked down properly.

Jungkook was that last piece of her puzzle that she was missing. The last piece that she never knew she lacked.

He had to be the one who belonged in her life, the one she waited all those years for.

The one who would coordinate with her unfinished outsets and fresh beginnings.

This was the part of her life where Devora felt like she was in charge of her steering wheel. Where she was driving in the front seat rather than the passenger seat.

"You look to be in a better mood." Boseong mentioned, waiting for her attention at her desk. "What happened?"

Devora removed her eyes from her screen. "Huh? What did you say, again?" Her eyebrows were raised in confusion.

Her face appeared to be brighter.

Brighter with optimism.

Devora had this sparking ring around her figure like an angel's halo hovered over her body that Monday morning.

It granted her a cheerful attitude, her voice lifted with enthusiasm and happiness.

Boseong's narrowed eyes soon widened, lips separating the more he thought about it.

"You had sex. Didn't you?" He gasped, clapping his hand together quietly.

She scrunched her nose, thoroughly confused by his guessing game. "Wait, what?"

"You know, they've said you become brighter once it happens, but I never thought it was true." He went on with his hypothesis, not allowing her to confirm.