CHAPTER 16

I made it home in time to find Elena sulking towards her room with a watch, the one from earlier. She looked unsure of what to do, while I just stood by her frame.

"What's that in your hand?" I asked her even though I know.

She looked at me with a slight startled face but relaxed. "Um- this was supposed to be Jere's watch. Dad was supposed to pass it down to him as grandpa did to dad, but Mrs. Lockwood needs it..." She mumbled the last part but I still heard her.

"Elena-"

"I don't know what to do. One hand it is what mom wanted, you know, to help the charity thing but..." She trailed of.

I know my dearest sister has a sweet heart but she can be stupid at times. Obviously Jere needs it more than a stupid charity. "Here," I held out my hand, "I know what to do."

She gave it to me with no hesitation.

"Now go get ready Elena. Your knight in shinning armor awaits." I smirk and run off towards Jere's room before she can retort.

He had his headphones on while doing some work, but he looked at peace. I smiled at this sight, it was rare to see him so... calm and to the normal Jeremey. Looking at him reminded me of how I would help him with his math work since that was my best subject. He would always look up to me like I was Tony Stark.

Ever since our parents died he lost interest in everything. Not just school, as well as drawing and making me go to the arcade with him. We would spend hours there trying to see how get the most tickets even our parents had drag us out of there themselves. Sometimes I miss them for I wish things would have never changed.

I stalked over to his desk, careful not to disturb him and placed the watch at the corner. I think I saw him glance at it but I didn't care much. My feet carried me to the door before I heard him call my name softly.

Turning my body to look at him. "Yeah?"

His eyes darted between me and the watch before finally settling on me. "Thank you for, you know, the watch."

"No problem." I nodded and left the room.

We finally were at the Lockwood's mansion, and is exactly the same as the last dozen times I was here. White pillars that held an extended roof over the front porch. That was probably the only feature I liked about there mansion.

Jenna was walking us to the mansion before she turned to us, well more like me and Jere since Elena stayed behind.

"Let's try to keep it drunk free, please." She pleaded.

I nodded with an okay, while Jere rolled his eyes and walked away. Eventually we made it into the house. Me and Jenna separated, so I just walked around aimlessly trying to find some sort of entertainment. As some miracle I saw Caroline walking away from her mom. I know I am supposed to be mad at her for her comment at the dinner but she's my best friend.

"Care-Bears!" She snapped her head at me and smiled. She looked pretty with the light blue. It reminded me off a Cinderella on a picnic.

"Nats!" She exclaimed taking in my dress. "You look gorge."

My fingers played with the hemming of my dress. And to be honest it was beautiful, one of my favorites actually. It was a red silky dress that hugged my waisted and flowed to my knees. The dress made my hair and eyes pop which I loved.

"Thank you Care, but I must say that you have out done me." I chuckled when I saw her blush slightly from my comment. "You don't mind if I stay with you right?" I asked unsure.

She brightened up at this. "Come with me Ms. Gilbert so we can show these people how amazing we are." She offered her arm and I took it.

As we walked around the place she apologized for what she said and I forgave her. So we moved on from that to what has happened recently. She told me about Damon's story of their Kathy situation while I told her about trying to be better, which she was super happy about. I left out everything about my and Bonnie's situation, and really feel guilty about it. I mean she is my best friend, so I could trust her, right?

A/N

Hey sorry I haven't uploaded all week!!! I didn't have the motivation for it but today I am going to try to get two more chapters. BTW I make the chapters the day of posting them not ahead of time, which I probably should do but oh well.

Also, sorry if I do miss any chapter updates in the future.

Please, get this to 5 votes for a sneak peak to my new project.

As always, love you all!!! <3