Chp 1

No Ones Perspective
This story has cursing in almost every chapter, but this specific one has blood mentioned. Please don't read if that makes you uncomfortable, as it gets worse in other chapters.

This was re written May 16 2023, other chapter up till newer may be messier.

4 minutes remaining till 1st period started, sat Venti, patient waiting while the class slowly starts to fill. He was usually early, as to not draw unwanted attention in the hallway. Unfortunately, the class was geometry, which Venti hates the most.

He sat in the back of the class, so some certain problematic kids didn't start anything with him, and again, not to draw unwanted attention. Only problem with sitting in the back is it made it difficult to understand what the teacher is teaching. Venti, unfortunately, wasn't blessed with the greatest eye sight. It was nothing to bother his mom about, he just has a hard time seeing the board from the back.

The teacher was teaching angles, which lucky for Venti, angles was easy for him. He ended up doodling most of the class instead of paying much attention.

Once the class ended, he stayed an extra minute until everyone left the classroom for him to leave. His next class would be band. As he finally got up to leave, his teacher had stopped him. "Hey Venti, come here for a second." His teacher had asked. "I got an email about you, saying you need to head up to the office." The teacher further explained. Venti just nodded and put his backpack over his shoulder.

With a sigh, Venti looked behind him and back at the teacher. "I guess I'll head up there, thank you!" Venti said as cheerfully as he could, to hide the anxiety bubbling up inside of him.

The teacher smiled back. "Of course, have a great rest of your day!" Venti smiled back.

"You too!" Venti responded and walked out the door. The hallway wasn't completely full, which was a nice relief for him. Now, he would make his way to the office, questioning everything he had done to get himself prepared if he were in trouble.

He had walked as slowly as he could. Maybe they just had questions about his grades, or a class swap? He really couldn't think about anything wrong he had done. Unless they found out about him? He didn't think they did unfortunately, the school couldn't care about that stuff. More and more thoughts clouded his mind until he noticed he was there. Oh how time hates an anxious person. Well, here goes nothing, he thought as he slowly opens the door to the office.

He walks up to the lady at the desk, shaking slightly being nervous. The lady notices him and starts a short conversation. "Hi! Please state your name and your reason being here." She says as she puts her paper to the side, giving her full attention to him.

Venti smiles nervously at the lady. "Uh," he starts, thinking of what to say "I'm... Venti Gunnhildr. I was told to come here. I don't know what for." He says awkwardly, looking off to the side, fidgeting with his hands.

"Oh, Venti, yeah? Come follow me."

She gets up and gestures him to follow her, making him more nervous as she goes into the back room of her office, which is like a waiting room. He sees someone else in one of the chairs, playing his phone, sitting with knees crossed. The lady taps him on the shoulder to get his attention, which the kid immediately glared at her for.

"So," the office lady starts, too cheerful for the morning. "Venti, this is a new transfer student, Xiao. Xiao, this is Venti. He'll be your guide for today." She explains simply.

"You'll both be excused from your second period. Venti, your teacher had said you'll be missing nothing but practice, but you are already doing so well you won't need to worry." Venti frowns at the information. At least he's not in trouble.

The other boy, Xiao, gets up from his seat, groaning slightly. He hated having to need a guide. He'd rather suffer and find his own way around. This school was already a pain in his ass and he's only been here not even an hour.

The office lady then excuses the two boys and they both walk out the door of the office, and into the hallway.

The atmosphere was awkward and Venti tries to think of a conversation to help fix that. "So, uh," before he can even say anything Xiao interrupts him.

"Look, not to be rude, or whatever, but, I really don't care about anything you're gonna say. Just show me around or whatever so we can get this done faster." Xiao says, scoffing at the end. It was clear he didn't like talking.

Nervously, Venti laughs. "Right... well, uh, I need your schedule so I can show you where your classes are..." Venti awkwardly explains. Xiao just rolls his eyes, and quickly hands him the paper with his schedule.

Around 30 minutes had passed, and Venti had finally finished the awkward tour. They still had about 15 minutes till the next class starts. It turns out, they had 2 classes together, being their geometry and history class. Yay...

"Well, um... I guess we could just head to class since we finished." Venti with an awkward shrug and smile.

Xiao scoffs at this. "If we don't have to go to class then why should we?" He asks, looking at him strangely. "Whatever, you do what you want just don't bother me." He further states, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor. He grabs out his phone and earbuds, just wanting to relax and not talk anymore.

Venti stares at him, his lips in an awkward straight line. "Uh, Okay..." Venti mumbles. He walks towards the other wall and mimics Xiao's actions, just, minus the earbuds since he didn't bring his.

Shortly before the bell rung, Venti pulls out his wallet and counts his money, looking disappointed he puts his wallet back in his backpack. He kept the money out placing the money in his jacket pocket. He stands up putting his backpack over his shoulders. Xiao looks up at him then does the same, assuming the bell is about to ring.

He was correct. Once he stood, the bell rang and immediately kids slammed open doors and ran out of them.

Xiao sigh's disappointedly. "Shit." He muttered as kids started to pile in the hallway. Quickly, he tried to find his third period class, which would he history. The one he had, unfortunately, also shared with Venti. He really wasn't looking forward to seeing him again, he annoyed him. But so did everyone. But especially Venti.

He got to the classroom rather quickly, being the only one there. Probably since the other kids are hanging out with their friends. How annoying. He had 3 minutes spearing till the class started. He decided to go on his phone as the time passed.

Slowly, more and more kids went inside the classroom till the class started, but one thing stood out to him. That weird kid he already forgot the name of, where was he, Xiao wondered. Then, he mentally shrugged it off, assuming the kid just skips. He used to all the time anyways. The teacher then started roll call. Thank god for him, she didn't make him introduce himself.

Little did Xiao know, Venti was in the bathroom, wiping blood from his nose trying to stop it from bleeding. It wouldn't stop. No matter how much of the trashy paper towels he shoved in there, the blood still came pouring out. His nose would have to stop bleeding sooner or later, or else his mom would get a call. That was what he least wanted at the moment.

Unfortunately, today was not his day. The bell had rung before he could get out, meaning they would call his mom for being late or absent. "Why me.." he cried leaning his head over the sink, allowing his tears and the blood from his nose fall into the drain. At least now, the bleeding had gone down to almost nothing now.

Published (originally): December 4th 2021
Word-Count: 1388