Chapter 6

It's been about two months now from when Hawks was injured in your apartment and everything's been pretty much back to normal. You go on patrol with him everyday and it seems like the two of you have gotten close. There are two things bothering you though. The crime rate has been suspiciously low, and some new found feelings you have that you can't ignore. After spending almost everyday with Hawks for the past two months you seem to have started to develop feelings for him.

--------------

Your alarm went off, as you slowly woke up for yet another day of work. Today you had a break from patrolling as Hawks had meetings all day so you were to catch up on reports and other paperwork for Hawks. You sleepily got out of bed, Hiro following you as you headed to the bathroom. You brushed your teeth and put your hero costume on, and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast and feed Hiro. Once you were done you packed your bag with some snacks for the long day, threw on your shoes and headed out the door.

You reached the agency, saying good morning to Sara the secretary and making your way to the top floor. You opened up the double doors gently, and walked inside heading over to your desk, setting your bag on the floor. You sat in your chair, turned on your computer and started organizing the reports you needed to transfer and the list of other things you needed to do today. You put on some music to play in the background as you got to work. You transferred reports over from the last two weeks and that took about 2 hours to do, meaning by then it was about ten in the morning. You decided to take a little break, grabbing a snack out of your bag as you decided to go on top of the roof. You ate your snack and sat up there till about eleven, then deciding to get back to work.

--------------

It was about three now, as you finished up some emails Hawks needed you to send out. Once that was done all you had left to do was to do some research on something Hawks had told you about. He had an upcoming mission which he wanted you to come with him on to an island off the coast of Japan. He wanted you to research the island and the type of people and environment there. You had your notebook out as you took notes.

Around four, you heard a knock on the window, and you turned to see Hawks now waving to you. You headed over to the giant windows, opening one of them so he could come inside. "How were the meetings?" you asked, as you closed the window and headed back over to your desk to continue research. "Boring as always. What are you doing?'' he said, coming over to see you. He leaned over your shoulder so his head was inches from yours, as you felt heat rise to your cheeks. "J-just researching the island the mission is on" you said trying to hide your face in any way you could. He nodded, finally standing up and heading over to his desk as you finally felt you could breathe.

Hawks pov-

It was nice to finally see Angel today after all those boring meetings. From these past two months of working together and getting to know her, I've learned she is different from every girl I've met before, and I like her. Not just as a friend, but more. I looked over as she concentrated on her computer, and couldn't help but smile at her face. It was relaxed but focused and all I wanted to do was look at her.

Your pov-

You took a break from researching, stretching out your arms as you stood up to give Hawks the notes you had so far. "Thank you" he said as he took the notes. As you went to walk back to your desk, he grabbed your hand, stopping you. You turned back around, as he stood up and walked over to you. "Something wrong" you asked flustered. "Wanna go on a dinner date tonight" he then said, catching you off guard. "I- uh yes! Well I mean sure" you said as you felt more heat rise to your cheeks making him laugh. "Ok well since it's five, meet up at six thirty?" he asked as you nodded. He smiled letting go of your hand as he headed to the doors. "Oh make sure to wear something fancy" he said as he then walked out leaving you dumbfounded. 'Did he really just ask me on a date' you thought as you headed to your desk to grab your things.