8

Adrien's pov
——————

When I get to school the next day, Marinette isn't there. I get worried. Normally, even after bad akumas, she is here. I feel nervous, as if she has a sort of bond to me, even though that's impossible, and without her here the bond is off balance.

I shudder, and Plagg says in my pocket, "I'm sure she's fine, kid. She's probably just recovering from the villain last night. She had a rough time." I just murmur, showing him that I heard, but don't do anything else.

When I walk in, the buzz about the akuma is going around everywhere. Everyone is questioning Ladybug, the way she broke down from her fear. A lot of people are curious about it, and as soon as Alya sees me, she pounces to talk to me about it.

She blabs about the fact that Ladybug lost her cool, that something must have happened. She wishes that she could have known what she was afraid of. She wants to get an interview to ask her about it.

I just nod my head, pretending to listen, until Nino gets there and she moves on to him. I feel relieved, knowing that I can focus on something that is more important.

Throughout the day, I can't focus. All of my thoughts go to the blue eyes that seemed so scared the last time they looked at me. Even in my favorite class, French, I can't focus on Miss. Bustier. I just sigh and give up, zoning out and looking out the window.

But the thing that catches me by surprise is that Ladybug is on the roof of the building across the street, looking into our class room, or trying to look like she isn't.

She is curled into a loose fetal position, and her face is angled up towards the sky, soaking in the bright sunlight. I focus on her for a few seconds, and it takes Miss Bustier a few tries to get my attention.

"Adrien!" The teacher yells, and I snap my attention to her. "What is out that window that you are so interested in?" She asks, her tone annoyed. "I'm sorry Madam. But, Ladybug is out there." Everyone looks out the window, standing up, and Alya instantly has her phone out. I stay sitting, wishing that I wouldn't have said anything. There is a big shift in the room, and everyone is close to the window, except me, trying to get a better look at her.

Only about 20 seconds had past, and Ladybug opens up her eyes, looking at her hands. She looks lost in thought, and extremely tired. Her eyes are dull. She isn't here right now, she is in her own world. Hiding, or remembering.

From this angle, I can see the bags under her eyes. She must be able to sense the several people watching her, because she suddenly turns her head and looks into the classroom.

Her eyes immediately find me, and I wonder what she reads on my face because she slightly smiles, barely even noticeable, and continues to look at the rest of the class. She gives a small wave, makes her smile bigger, but it doesn't reach her eyes.

She stands up, and grabs her yo-yo. She flies over the building, and every sits down, disappointed that she didn't stay longer. I can't stop thinking about her, even though everyone has moved on from it.

When school finally ends, I get home and I am exhausted. I go over to my couch and plop down, staring up at the ceiling. I sigh, and my eye lids get extremely heavy. I decide to close them, just for a minute, and I am in a deep, deep sleep.

Dream
——————
I watch her as the cameras click. She is in a simple black dress, and her hair is up in a bun. Her warm smile makes me feel warm, and I squeeze her hand in reassurance.

My father comes into the room next, and the cameras move on to him. Her warm breath tickles my ear, as she whispers, "Let's get away from the cameras while we can." I giggle, and nod, beginning to run with her.

We go into a hallway, one where no one else is, and we sit down against the wall. "We have about ten minutes until our interview. We should be good." I say, looking at the small watch that is on my wrist.

We just sit there, her head on my shoulder, until I get a text from Natalie saying that we are needed. Marinette reads it from over my shoulder, and frowns a little. "Ok. Let's go." She says, standing up and pulling me up with her.

We walk back to the main room, and we quickly find Natalie. Without saying a word, she leads us over to a wall, where there is a backdrop with a logo on it, and a news reporter stands in front of the camera man, giving him instructions.

We stand in front of the backdrop, on our markers telling us where to stand, and the lady takes her spot. As the camera starts, she holds onto my hand even tighter, and smiles at the camera.

Suddenly I am running, trying to find her. I know where she is almost immediately, and I am wearing a beret, and an extreme amount of joy courses through me. I don't know why I'm happy, but I can't remember the last time I felt like this.

When I find the girl, she has her hair down and is hanging out with her friends. I zone out all of them, except for Marinette. I call out her name, and she turns around, smiling.

Out of no where I go up to her and hold her hands, looking deep into her ocean blue eyes. I begin to tell her how much I love her; I am extremely straight forward and to the point.

Her cheeks fill with the red blush, and after I tell her I love her, I kiss her.

——————
End of dream
——————

I gasp and wake up, the darkness filling my eyes. I look around, hearing a quiet tapping noise. Right outside of my window is Ladybug.

I open up the window, and she asks, "Can I come in?"