Chapter 12

"Ready to die, blue freak!?"  yelled Bakugo before he came flying forward with a blast straight at Aoko, which is what Izuku figured he would do.  

    "Sapphire!"  yelled Izuku.

"I know I got it!  Don't worry about me!"  she called.  She trusted what Izuku had told her.  She doubted that Bakugo knew the full extent of her versatility with her quirk, and she was right because as soon as she shot up from the ground up into the air and out of Bakugo's line that he had been flying it he looked shocked for a brief moment.

    'What the hell?!"  he yelled as he looked up at her making a move to go up after her only to narrowly dodge a blue disk whizzing by his head followed by another one that seemed to boomerang back to her after they missed him causing him to have to dodge them again on the way back around.  The first one on its way back grazed his arm and singed him a bit but not enough to actually break skin.  

    "Surprise!  You're not the only one who can use their quirk to fly around."  teased Aoko as she hovered around, trying to stay a decent distance away from the explosion boy.  Bakugo noticed this and figured that it must be because she is a long range fighter with those disks, similar to how Todoroki tended to try and attack from a distance to be able to unleash more powerful attacks.  Also, he figured that she probably lacked in close range combat skills if she relied so much on her quirk.  He also remembered that she was primarily reported to work in search and rescue.   

 He started mixing up shooting blasts at her as she flew around dodging while boosting himself to follow after her trying to close the gap.   

    "Whoa!"  exclaimed Aoko as she almost flew face first into Todoroki's ice that he had thrown up to try and hinder her as he was dealing with Izuku who was trying to use Black Whip to subdue him while using his quirk to jump off the walls and the ice structures Todoroki had made so far.

     "Deku! Catch!"  Aoko yelled as she flew past him tossing him a blue energy disk the size of a trash.  She had explained to him in the minute before that since she was familiar with his aura, she could make it so the disk wouldn't harm him.  Izuku caught the disk and used his black whip to wrap and secure it to his forearm as a makeshift shield.   Izuku did this just as Todoroki shot a blast of fire at him, almost as if to test if this blue disk actually worked.   

    "This better work, or I'm going to get burnt to a crisp."  Izuku thought to himself as he held up the disk as a shield to prevent himself from becoming a matchstick.    Thankfully it worked.  Todoroki was slightly impressed...and irritated that his flames seemed to do nothing to the flames.   He saw Aoko weaving around his ice formations with Bakugou hot on her trail.  He also noticed the clock which was now nearing the five-minute mark.    Aoko seemed to be trying to get closer to Todoroki, but every time she did, he would just put up a large ice wall and push he away from getting close.  Aoko was able to dodge it pretty easily from where she was, and it gave Izuku time to try and attack Todoroki while he was focused on her.

    "Get back here you little bitch!  Stop running away and actually fight me!"  yelled Bakugo only to nearly get hit in the face with another blue disk that came his way before rounding back.  This time he was ready and dodged it more easily.   Aoko was actually pretty impressed by his quick reflexes.  Izuku wasn't lying when he said he was fast.  Aoko also noticed the time on the clock and decided it was now or never to see if this plan would work.  She flew closer to Izuku which brought closer to Bakugo.  

   "Gotcha!"  he declared as he sped up with a blast forward and was able to snag Aoko's ankle and bring her down to the ground... hard.

    "Ah!"  she let out in pain as slammed against the ground.  It definitely hurt.  She quickly floated back to her feet and used the little energy disk on her foot to push away from Bakugo.