Chapter 5

Although it didn't last. I woke up with darkness still filling the room. I walked over to the window,opening it and sitting down. The moon was big and reminded me that it needed the dark to shine.

"Good morning," a sweet voice greeted me in the bathroom. "Morning Hermione"

"What time did you get up?"
"I've been up for hours" I explained. She struggled to brush through her thick an curly hair,only leaving it frizzy. But I like that. It suits her.

We sat in the great hall eating breakfast. Me only having a cup of coffee and a piece of toast. The anxiety of my morning classes were getting to me.

And with the last piece I shoved in my mouth,we left for our very first class. Transfiguration. I don't know how I exactly felt about it but Hermione was making Hogwarts a little more liveable.

We sat in front. That's what I liked about Hermione. She was an over achiever. Just like my mother wanted me to be.

I was taking notes from my textbook with Hermione beside me,every now and then comparing notes with me.

The sound of the heavy doors being pushed open grabbed everyone's attention. I laugh a little as Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall face if we were late?", Ron clearly haven't noticed the tabby cat sitting on the desk.

The cat jumps of the table right infront of Ron turning into Professor McGonagall, scaring him.

"That was bloody brilliant" Ron was amazed.

"Thank you for that assessment Mr. Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch,that way maybe one of you would be on time." she scolded them.

"We got lost..." Harry quickly replied. He was clearly very brave.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

Harry and Ron quickly sat down in front of us. These were the people I considered my friends.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Chattering filled the room. I was sitting next to Hermione,she started talking about which subjects she was most excited about. Harry and Ron were next to me,also talking but I couldn't hear about what exactly.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such,I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However for those select few..." The man said,he rushed into the class,making all conversation stop immediately and watched Draco closely,

"who posses the predisposition...." the mans long,black hair swung at the sides of his face while he takes the side of his robe and crossing his arms.

" I can teach you to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame,brew glory, and even put a stopper in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts, in possession of abilities so formidable, that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." The man said glaring at Harry, who I just noticed was writing in his book next to me.

"Mr. Potter...our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand shot up immediately to the left of me,but he ignored her.

Harry had a blank expression on his face.

"I don't know sir,"

"I see,and where Mr. Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a Bezoar?" Once again, Hermione was ignored.

"I dont know sir."

"What is the difference between monkswood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know sir" again....no one paid attention to Hermione.

"clearly...fame isn't everything,is it Mr. Potter?"

"Arse," I whispered.

"What did you say...Miss?," Snape spat at me.

"Miss Velonté sir," I said standing up from my seat, Harry was watching me the entire time, but so was everyone else.

"and the answer to the question is a very strong sleeping potion,so strong that it is called the Draught of living death. A Bezaor is actually a stone taken from a goats stomach and can cure you from any poison... Finally monkswood and wolfsbane are the same plant, which is also known as aconite."

"Well...," Snape started.

" why aren't you writing it down?!" Snape spat at the class,while glaring at me.

"30 points from Gryffindor"He said as I sat down and everyone stared at me.