Prologue to the new story! :D

Crescent walked around the castle. Through the hallways, his mother had taught him not to get lost. Through the hallways where his father had told him stories of how the Amaris kingdom came to be. The hallways where his sister and him, and his cousins, used to run around when they were younger. But they had grown and now they didn't have time for that. They were all getting ready to take on their duties. Ready to take on their responsibilities.

He was only fourteen though. He glared outside the window, towards the forest. He was tired but today there was going to be a ball. Princesses and princes from different kingdoms would come. All were around the ages of ten to fifteen. Only a few a bit younger or older than the rest.

This was on purpose so that they could get to know each other. So that the kingdom's future heirs could become allies. Of course, there were chances that a few would also become enemies, which made Crescent kind of uncomfortable. He was easy to annoy, he wasn't really looking forward to the ball. He knew very well he would lash out at someone. He knew that was also to help him become a better "king". He didn't really know how this would help him become a better king, truly he didn't care. He was that excited to become a king.

The idea of having control over many and being able to make him help the Amaris kingdom excited him but also scared him. He would either become a successful king in the future and be loved by all. Or he would bring the Amaris Kingdom to its ashes and be hated by everyone. And it was so easy to destroy that he feared becoming king.

As he walked down the hallway he was suddenly startled out of his thoughts. In front of him was a young girl. His hair was black as the night, though at the ends of her hair it turned cyan. Just like his. The only difference was that her hair seemed alive.

It looked like the hair of that legend, the woman called Medusa. But instead of the hairs being snakes, they were tentacle-looking. Lake Crescent's father tentacle.

"Let's go Crescent unless you wish to be late and anger our visits... you know there are quite some princesses and princes excited to meet you," the girl said, winking. Though soon she fixed her crown to be right back up.

"Shut it Miyako" Crescent snapped, a soft blush covering his cheeks. "Why do you have your... erm...  magical hair activated?" he asked.

"To show off, obviously," Miyako said, Crescent huffed and turned around to stare back outside the window.

There seemed to be someone there because he saw someone run through. Curiosity trickled through him. The bushes were moving for a bit before they went still, then whoever was hiding inside of them ran out of there. But before Crescent could even pay much attention to that person they disappeared.

Miyako seemed to have seen them too, her pupils sharper as she stared where the person had run through. She had this strange genetic trait from their father that when they felt a certain emotion(s) their pupil would shrink. It would also become thinner.

Crescent looked towards his sister. He wanted to test if she saw what he saw...

"Brown hair" Crescent started.

"Black with a green suit," Miyako responded.

"A belt full with knives"

"And strange markings in his face"

"So you saw what I saw?" Crescent smiled.

"Indeed brother," Miyako responded.

"You know there is no need to call me brother, just say my name you weirdo" Crescent hissed.

"No need to act like a snake! You're an octopus!" Miyako jokes. After she turned six she had started becoming sassier. She was only eight by now. She had gotten mostly her mother's sassiness while Crescent had gotten his father's seriousness.