S I X

// NEW FRIENDS \\

// NEW FRIENDS \\

Seraphina walked down into the kitchen of her home and slumped in her seat. She rubbed her eyes and tried to shake the tiredness away.

"You alrigh', kiddo?" Charlie asked, sipping on his morning coffee as he did. Seraphina just looked up, hummed and gave Charlie a weak smile. Charlie did regret to not checking up on her when she got home, but he was too busy getting introduced to her new friend, Jasper Hale.

Charlie thought Jasper was very polite, although he didn't get too close to Charlie.

A pang came through from Seraphina's phone, so she pulled it out from her backpack that Caleb had dropped off when she never showed up for fifth period the day before.

"Great." Seraphina groaned, ducking her head as she thought of what to do now.

"What?" Charlie hesitantly questioned, and the girl sighed.

"Caleb bailed on me this morning. He said he didn't feel great." Seraphina answered before scrolling through her contacts before she groaned again. "And i can't ask for Jasper to take me to school because i forgot to get his number." Just as Seraphina finished speaking, Bella came down from the stairs.

"You alright, Fifi?" She questioned the other brunette, who nodded.

"Hey, uh, Bells?" Bella hummed in response so Seraphina gathered that she could carry on. "Can i ride with you this morning?"

"What? No Caleb at your beck-and-call?" Seraphina scoffed. She had never fought with her sister, but Seraphina knew Bella was just kidding.

"No Edward at your beck-and-call?" Seraphina retorted. She was gesturing to the fact that Bella had ranted to her about how Edward thought she smelt bad.

"Shut up." Bella flushed pink and nodded to the door. "Let's go, then."

"Have a good day, kids." Charlie called to them as they left, receiving a collection of two voices saying 'yes'. He chuckled to himself.

~

Bella and Seraphina both waited by Bella's battered old Chevy truck. Bella read a book with her earphones plugged in. She was waiting for Edward Cullen to arrive.

Seraphina, on the other hand, was just waiting patiently for her sister to finish reading so that she could go inside, away from the chill of the wind.

She glanced at the floor, but she must've been looking there for way too long as she didn't see Rosalie stride up to her.

"Hello, darling." She greeted, and Seraphina frowned, gesturing to herself.

"Me?" Seraphina's voice was croaky from not being used on the journey to school and the tiredness was seeping its way back to her, not making her voice any better. Rosalie picked up on this and swung her arm over the girl's shoulder, pulling her away from Bella.