43.

Harry.

I didn't really sleep anymore after Penelope slipped out of the bed. Holding onto the pillow didn't feel ten percent as good as it did to hold onto her warm, soft, naked body.

The scent of her was missing from my bed when she felt the need to get up earlier than me. And I rolled around the sheets, half-awake to reach for my phone when I heard the faint knocking on the door.

I checked my phone, seeing that it was near eleven in the morning, and frowned when I heard the knocking again. Penelope had to be in the living room, but she didn't open since she was half naked and we weren't expecting anyone.

Also the bell hadn't gone off, which meant this person had gotten through the main door downstairs with a key or they were let up by someone else.

"Harry?!"

I all of a sudden heard the familiar voice, my body shooting up in the bed as I quickly clambered out of it, "Shit, shit, shit." I hissed under my breath, running over to my closet – half awake – and grabbing a pair of boxers and a shirt.

I had woken up with a semi, and the boxers didn't do a good job at concealing my morning boner, but I didn't care. I hastily opened the door when I heard her calling out for me a second time, "Harry?"

"Who are you?" I heard her say and I rolled my eyes at her rudeness. Once I was out of the hallway I saw her standing by the front door still, arms crossed over one another and a deep frown on her forehead – as usual.

Her eyes were focussed on Penelope though, who was hiding behind the counter to conceal her nakedness. She had a look of shock in her eyes and I couldn't blame her.

"Gemma? What on earth are you doing here?" I grunted out in a hoarse morning voice as I saw my sister standing in my apartment, "Didn't I tell you that key was for emergencies?" I pointed to the silver key in her hand and she rolled her eyes, "Finally, there you are."

Annoyance coursed through my body at the unannounced visit of my sister. I didn't want to deal with her right now, I wanted to crawl back in my bed. Preferably with Penelope.

"Who's that?" My sister nudged her head in Penelope's direction, "Thought you usually kicked your girls out first thing in the morning?"

My eyes widened at Gemma's bluntness, and she ran a hand through her brown hair as she shot Penelope a judgmental look.

I groaned as I palmed my face, "Um, Gem, this is Penelope." I motioned to the girl behind the counter, who shyly lifted her hand to shoot my sister a wave.

"Penelope?" My sister kept her eyes on me, cocking up an eyebrow as she seemed less than impressed with the introduction.

Penelope cleared her throat, "Call me Penny." She piped up, shuffling from behind the counter. Her hands tugged on the shirt, lengthening it just enough to cover her bum as she waddled closer, clearly nervous and embarrassed.

"Not to be rude, but I don't really care." Gemma sighed, turning her attention back to me, "I came here to see you. When's she leaving?"

"Gem!" I exclaimed in shock, "She's not leaving. Penelope's, um – she's not a random girl."

Penelope was by my side by now, awkwardly tugging on the shirt as she shot Gemma a small smile. I let out a breath as I scratched the back of my neck, "Penelope, this is Gemma. My sister."

Penelope released the shirt with one hand to extend it to Gemma, "Hi, nice to meet you."

Gemma stared at Penelope's hand as if it had a disease, still keeping her arms folded in front of her chest, "You've got dried candle wax on you." She faintly pointed her finger at Penelope while her eyes dropped to her chest where the remains of yesterday's candle wax were stuck to her skin. We had been too lazy and fucked to shower or clean it off properly the night before.