▪︎ Chapter 7 - Smaller half ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Warning/s: Language 

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

This city was loud. Maybe it was the constant foot traffic in the sidewalks and carriages in the streets. Or maybe it was the yelling of the shop sellers trying to get people to buy their jewelry and precious gems. Healer Cookie and I wandered, occasionally stopping and asking cookies where we two could get a map. Most scoffed at us and turned away, usually the cookies dressed in riches. A bunch of snobs...

The few that did help, could only help so much.

"Maybe try the local grocery store, perhaps they have one." They didn't have any in stock.

"The brewery, they have a large map on the walls for display." It was of a region I wasn't from.

"Ah, perhaps try a traveling shop, they have to have a map to know where they are going."

They were the noisiest, but it did seem logical. I grabbed onto the healer's sleeve, who was getting used to not being able to see as well. There was a strand of fabric wrapped around his face, I helped him tie it on. It still didn't make much sense to me but, if it appeased him then he can do whatever he wants.

I held on tight as I walked through the crowd, spotting the few carts and tents of traveling shops. One was of candles, made of scents all around the earth bread. Another was of soft sweaters made of silk, the finest money could buy. Both were busy with many cookies trying to buy out their stock.

Another shop caught my eye, a restaurant of sorts. It was completely dead, no one in sight, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I lead the healer over and stood in front, before calling out for someone.

"Hello?" My words echoed in the empty shop. There was a sizzling sound and the whirring of a microwave, but it sounded like no one was there.

"Is there anyone even here..?" Healer cookie asked softly, not wanting to be rude if the cookie running the shop was just quiet.

I shrugged, maybe they were out at the moment, and that's why no one was lined up. The shop was closed, maybe they should put up a sign for that.

"Let's just try another spot," I said, turning around to head towards the next shop over when I was yanked back by my shirt. The healer was also pulled back with me, getting knocked to the floor. I started a struggle, before trying to scream.

The cookie covered my mouth and spun me around to see me. What is with people and covering my mouth, it's getting old, and kinda gross.

"Y/n, you are a brave bitch to show your face here after what you did to me." The cookie spewed out, pointing at me accusingly. What did I do?

"You left my horses out there with all my merchandise, the food was spoiled and my dignity was damaged. I outta call the police out here to arrest you." He continued, yelling directly into my face. Horses... Is that why I woke up next to horses? They were this cookie's horses.

I pushed his hand away and took one step back, twisting around to help Healer up. I turned to face the other cookie, confused.

"I don't think I've ever met you before... What's your name?" I asked him, not wanting to be grabbed at again. His pure anger subsided for a moment before he rolled his eyes.

"Y/n stop playing games, I'm serious." He looked annoyed. Why was he annoyed? And how the hell did he know my name.

Maybe this was some sort of a scheme to rob me, I don't have much money anyway but, I wasn't going to let him have my stuff. I grabbed onto the healer's hand, before booking it. The healer struggled to catch up, caught off guard, but he managed to run just behind me.