a letter from the author

I'm not sure if I executed this right, if I did it right, I am still anxious with the way I wrote it, but I just hope that somehow, this short story of Maeve Collins made you felt what true love is

A love that never leaves, love that would walk you through the fire, a love that would part oceans, a love that would never die in spite our flaws and darkness.

And when you find yourself in a situation where He feels too far away, like He left and abandoned you, I hope that you will remember to search lower.

Because you have a Dad who is not above, sitting on His throne, watching you suffer.

He's just right there on your bedroom floor, in the hospital room, in a place where you are fighting the battles that no one knows about you- He's right there in those moments with you, hurting with you, crying with you, weeping with you, and fighting with you.

And for anyone who's been flirting with the idea of suicide, you might be in the darkest place of your life right now, but trust me, it won't always be this dark... it won't always be this painful.

I've been there a plenty of times. I've thought about that, too... a lot. You are not the only one. You are not alone. I know how painful it is. I know how dark it is, because I've been there and I am still there.

But I'm trying to fight.

Will you fight with me?

And if you're too tired to fight, Will you just keep breathing? Keep breathing until you see all the beautiful things that He has designed solely just for you... because He loves you, more than the sparrows above.

Keep holding on, alright? The world still needs to hear your story. The story of how you've conquered the hell you thought you wouldn't conquer.

You matter. You're worthy. You are loved... and the world is going to be so much better if you are in it.

So fight a little longer, dear one.

This, too, shall pass.

;

with love,

***

For your local suicide hotline number, please visit:
https://www.opencounseling.com/hotlines-ph or contact 208893-7603