Chapter 14

The most part of the next week and a half was spent with Zayde and I working on the project. We decided to do a painting of the cemetery at sunset, we both felt a special connection to the place and that meant meeting up everyday after school at sunset.

We'd paint together, laugh together, and just get to know each other better. We learnt a lot about each other during that time, and I got to see aside of Zayde that only one other person was private to see.

It felt good.

Obviously I had to put off working at the cafe to make more time for the project, but I'd be lying if I said that the project was the reason I rushed to the cemetery every evening. My parents were even curious as to who Zayde was and why exactly we had taken up this project.

When I told Zayde about this, he grimaced, saying he had really never been good with parents. But he went on to say that his charms would probably win them over.

And was it just me, or did Zayde look extra attractive in the glow of the sunset, laughing at something I said.

I'd act like a complete idiot just to see that laugh everyday.

And he did give it to me every evening under the sunset, as we did more than just our project.

At school, he was still the same: silent, scary, brooding, and indifferent. And except for a few winks and smirks, he really didn't interact much at school. But his smirks and winks didn't go unnoticed by the school and his ever faithful fans and the girls were literally freaking out over there bad boy actually interacting with the person, even though said person was not them. Even the guys looked curious.

Ultimately, those acts gave me some unwanted attention, some curious glances, inquisitive stares, jealous glares, and Anastasia.

Slamming my locker door shut, I came to face the Queen Bitch herself, glaring down at me like I was a bug under her shoe. This was the fourth time this week she's come to corner me.

Right, this outta be good.

"Anastasia darling, to what to do I owe your acquaintance?" I drawled out, leaning slightly against my locker.

"Drop the tough act bitch, we all know you're a weak nerd." She scoffs and I feel my fists clench at my sides.

"You never even bothered to know me." I gritted out.

"I've seen enough." She said dismissively. "Now you worthless piece of trash I'm only going to say this once. Stay away from Archer-"

"He's yours and you'll end my life if I don't blah, blah, blah." I say in a bored tone.

Right now, I don't even know what I'm doing since I'm supposed to be playing the part of the nerd here.

Low-key who?

Anastasia was fuming, I bet steam was coming out her ears.

"Now listen here you slut-"

"That's ironic innit?" She growls. In my peripheral vision, I noticed a crowd gathering.

Great.

But momentarily, I was tired of being treated like shit, having everyone walk all over me and treat me like I don't belong, like I'm not a person, I'm tired of being seen as someone weak who cannot take care of herself; these people are about to see the real Skylar.

"You filthy whore!" She seemed, grabbing my shirt and yanking me up to meet her. She was a lot taller than me, even without heels.

But that didn't scare me, I am Hades and this bitch was about to get burned.