28: faith

She's so beautiful ashdjakwi. VOTE TO GET THIS STORY IN THE 500 RANKINGS. --STAY BEAUTIFUL & COMMENT YOUR HEARTS OUT CUZ YOU'LL LIKE THIS CHAPTER ;) x btw the song on the side is beautiful, too

Jess

I woke up in the morning with several things on my mind. One: how Nikki liked her gift I got her. Two: the text I received from Jane saying she wanted me in LA in two days. And three: Harry.

I hadn't received any texts from Nikki yet, but it was like eight in the morning. She still could be asleep. The one from Jane, however, really put me on edge. There was no doubt that I had to go to LA to fix all the shit that I'd caused here in Seattle.

To put everything into perspective, Harry pops into the kitchen once I make myself some coffee. He has a sly smile on his face, which means one of two things. He's just done something I'll pay for later, or he's about to do something I'll pay for later.

"What?" I ask, cluelessly, my mouth pressed against the rim of my cup. I wonder if he'd bring up what happened last night. Knowing Harry, he probably won't.

"We're going somewhere today." He started spinning my car keys around his middle finger, tucking his bottom lip between his teeth.

"And does that somewhere need security?"

"Nope," he says, popping the 'p'.

"Where exactly are we going?"

He took a seat across from me at the table. "I did my research all night, so when we start going you'll probably figure it out since you're the one who used to live here."

"Are we going outside?"

He shrugs. "We can, but that depends on how cold it is."

I nod my head slowly, not being able to help the smile falling onto my face. Harry tapped his hands in a rhythm on the table before standing and walking towards the guest room.

"Oh, and don't forget your camera!" He threw over his shoulder.

•••

I laugh in complete amusement at this surprise adventure Harry was determined to create. We were in the car and we've been traveling east for the past hour. I didn't know where the hell we were going. I do remember going this way, years ago, with my parents to some national park, but I can't remember which one.

"You brought your camera, right?" Harry asks for the tenth time since we've left Seattle.

I nod my head, looking down at the camera case at my feet. Harry had also brought his as well as the new lens I had gotten him. The fact that we had our cameras told me that we were going some place beautiful. But in Washington, that could mean a million different destinations.

"With my luck you've already been here," Harry said, rubbing his jaw with his hand.

"I probably have," I say, laughing.

He smiled and shook his head. "I just wanted us to go somewhere with nobody around. It's bloody freezing outside and it's December. I don't even know if where we're going is open, but it should be beautiful by the time we get there."

My eyes widened. "How long is this going to take?"

He smirked. "Close to four hours, but that's not including how many times I'm gonna get us lost."

I smile into my hand and shake my head as I watch the greenery of Washington pass by us out the window.

"Can you tell me a story?" Harry suddenly asked in a curious tone. The wonder in his voice sent tingles down my spine.