Chapter 61

Victorias Pov:

"Your crazy ex boyfriend tried to kill me?!" I say while looking up to Avery.

"Is he that crazy?" I ask and she just stares at me in complete shock.

"I'm sorry, Avery." I say quickly as soon as I realized why she's looking at me like that.

"This isn't your fault." I tell her while hugging her tightly.

"Of course it is my fault! Why else would he do that?!" She exclaims as she starts to sob in my shoulder.

"He's a psyco. What he's doing is not your fault." I say and she holds tighter on my at that.

"We can identify him now and the police has his car number. They can take him away. We won't have to worry about him anymore." I continue and when I pull away I gently take her hands.

"Mom, can you identify him at the police station while Avery and I already go home?" I ask and she nods with a small smile.

"Of course. You'll take my car, I later ask Connor for a ride." She says before already leaving.

After my mom left I turn back to Avery, who's still looking at me with so much guilt.

"Aves, no. It's not your fault. Please don't think it is. That situation could've happen any day with any other driver and I'd still push you away. And I know you'd do the same for me." I tell her while grabbing her hand and gently squeezing it.

"What Jack is doing is nothing you can control. It's not your fault, okay? Not. Your. Fault." I continue and she takes a deep breath while wiping her teary eyes.

"I'm still so sorry." She croaks out, so I immediately wrap my arms around her.

"You can be. But don't blame yourself, okay?" I say softly and she nods slowly.

"Okay." She mumbles and after a few minutes we pull away.

"Good."

"Now c'mon, let's go home." I add, making her smile.

Avery then helps me up on my crunches and we both get up.

"You good?" She asks and I nod with a small smile.

*****

Avery just parked the car in our driveway. After she helped me out of the car we walk over to the front door. She opens the door and when we go inside all the eyes are on us. Well..Jada, Josh, dad and Averys parents are looking at us.

"Heyy!" Jada exclaims while rushing towards us, which makes us laugh.

She pulls us in a big hug but pulls away soon after.

"How are you feeling, little sis? I'm so sorry I couldn't come visit you. Benji was really sick." She says with a sad smile.

"It's okay, mom told me. Don't worry." I reassure her.

Avery then gently squeezes my hand before going over to her parents. I turn around to look at her as she greets her parents.

Her and her dad's relationship got a little better since the wedding.

Still don't know how he feels about me though..

"Victoria." I hear my dad call me, making me look at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asks as he walks over to me.

"I'm okay, dad. It's just a broken leg now." I answer with a small smile and he nods slowly.

Then I suddenly feel two hands around my waist. "Oh hello." I say as I lean my head back against Averys shoulder.

"Hey." She mumbles before gently kissing my cheek.

"Hello, Mr. Diaz." She adds and he gives her a small smile.

"Hello, Avery." Dad replies and then excuses himself.

"Your dad really doesn't like me, huh.." she mutters, so I turn around.

"Noo, he does. He's just not good with stuff like that. And I guess he just doesn't like seeing me grow up. And having my first relationship is something that maybe triggers that a little.." I say and she gently cups my cheeks.

"He does know I'm not stealing you away from him, right?" Avery replies, making me chuckle.

I lean down to kiss her. I wish I could just wrap my arms around her but I need to hold myself up on the crunches.

But then someone clears their throat. "Um..excuse me." We quickly pull away and look at the person, who is..Averys dad.

"Could I talk to you for a second, Victoria?"