Chapter 9

11:27 pm.

Somewhere in the rose garden, a woman is wandering in the dead of night.

Long and silky black hair, her hair flowed in the air as the breeze passed by.

Her obsidian eyes were slightly open and she was walking barefooted.

Eurielle was sleepwalking again.

Right after she told Nathalia to burn the letter from Lady Brianna, she went to sleep and rested.

But she never knew that her body wasn't cooperating with her mind.

Unlike the first time this happened, Eurielle wasn't muttering anything.

She was just walking mindlessly without saying anything.

*Sigh*

Asterion sighed as he observed and followed Eurielle from behind.

'She's doing it again.' He thought.

At this point, he was confused about what he should feel towards Eurielle.

He couldn't see the old Eurielle in her anymore.

Eurielle paused for a moment and stared at the roses.

Asterion then approached her closer. He held her cheek and the moment he did that, Eurielle collapsed.

"!!"

Good thing he caught her before she fell to the ground.

Asterion noticed that she only collapses right after being physically touched by other people.

He carried Eurielle in his arms and she was really light.

He stared at Eurielle's sleeping face with a confused expression.

Long lashes and pale cheeks. Her lips.. he never saw her smile once ever since she's changed.

'What am I thinking..'

He teleported to Eurielle's room and put her to bed.

"..."

And just like that, the whole night passed with Asterion observing Eurielle.

Whilst she was asleep..

.
.
.

When Eurielle woke up, Nathalia informed her the her father already left for work.

There were only two days left til the crown prince's birthday and she still haven't found an escort.

"My lady, a letter was sent from Lady Nguyen again." Nathalia showed Eurielle an envelope.

"Oh, who is this lady again?"

"The one who also sent you a letter from yesterday." Nathalia responded.

Eurielle paused and took her time in recalling something.

"Ah. The one I told you burn it?"

"Yes."

"Please read it for me." Eurielle uttered as she was to tired to read on her own.

Nathalia opened the letter and started narrating.

"Greetings Lady Deidamus, I was a bit feeling down when I haven't seen you since earlier. Though the party is almost coming to an end, you can still come here. My invitation and present for you is still valid. From, Lady Brianna Nguyen."

It was already past 1 pm and Eurielle just woke at at 2 pm.

Even though she can still go despite being late, she doesn't have any plans on actually going.