𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐋𝐘𝐍

[𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍]

"𝐘𝐎, 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄."

  "They're not even your size." 

  After school, Paris and I were going through our sneaker collection, comparing and contrasting colors and years. My sneakers were in shoe boxes, stacked all around my room, so luckily she couldn't go in my closet and be her nosy self.

  "Damn, why do you have so many Uptowns?" Paris asked.

  "You should always have more than one pair of Uptowns."

  "Yeah, but your's aren't even creased or discolored."

  True, though having six pairs of Air Forces was necessary to me.

  Paris went into another box and pulled out some Off-White University Blue 1s.

  Her mouth went in an O shape as she admired my shoes. Then she went over to sit on my bed and push her feet into my shoe. She looked at herself in the full-length mirror by the window.

  "I'm gonna wear these tomorrow," she stated.

  "No, you're not," I chuckled at her audacity.

  "Please, London," she entreated.

  "They don't even fit, they make you look like LaCienega from The Proud Family in that one episode."

  Paris gave me a pointed look, then looked back at herself.

  "All I have to do is put some paper in the front, that's all."

  "I don't even think that'll work with your damn infant ass feet."

  She gave me another pointed look, before taking my shoes off and putting them back in the box.

  "You got money or something, London?"

  "Why? Do you need some?"

  "No, I mean, are you rich?"

  "Oh," I realized. "I just like nice things and those nice things just so happen to be a little expensive."

  "It's a yes or no question."

  If I told her the truth then she'd ask more questions, questions with answers I wasn't ready to divulge.

  I had to change the subject. If I changed the subject, I wouldn't be in an uncomfortable situation. I doubted Paris would even notice that I was evading her question.

  "You know I heard Shannon cursed Priscilla and Darion out today, apparently she heard them talking about you."

  "Oh, really? She didn't tell me that."

  "Kristen told me since they have that class together." Kristen was more so fawning over it to me, I did notice that. She made sure Sean wasn't there to see or hear her do it.

  "I was so stupid to be friends with them," Paris complained. "London, do you think I'm stupid?"

  I mentally sighed.

  Paris wasn't stupid. I would say she was just a couple of fries short of a happy meal. I felt that she was sometimes easily influenced and really naive, in a way.

  "No," I answered.

  "Well, that's good to know." She beamed widely.

  "Paris, London, please come here!" Ezra yelled from downstairs.

  The two of us exited my room together, elbowing each other lightly on the way down.

Ezra was in the kitchen, on his laptop.

  "Okay, so you both know Diane's birthday is coming up." Ezra was planning a surprise party for his wife. "I have to go down to the venue to take care of a few things, so I need you two to go pick up Brooklyn from the airport."

  Paris gasped beside me. "I thought Brookie was coming Friday?"

  Ezra sighed. "No, I definitely said Wednesday. Pay attention, Babe."

  He did say Wednesday, knowing Diane would be out having dinner with friends, so he wanted to surprise her with Brooklyn's arrival.

  "Her plane's supposed to land at six."

  It was five-twenty.

  "Oh, we should go now then," I said to myself.

  Ezra tossed me his car keys. Paris and I put on our shoes and then left.

  On the way, Paris was blasting music and also singing obnoxiously in my ear. When we arrived at SeaTac, she was impatient but also ecstatic.

  Paris ran to her sister when she spotted her, slamming her chest against Brooklyn's. It was nice to see Paris all happy and excited. Almost like her happiness made me happy.

  Since Paris spotted Brooklyn first, I couldn't really get a glimpse of her sister. When the sisters pulled back from their hug and I could see Brooklyn, I was very taken aback.

  Paris and Brooklyn really looked the same, like little Diane's just copied and pasted. Brooklyn had a babyface, though. Even though they looked the same, it didn't take rocket science to tell them apart.

  "Hi, I'm Brooke," Brooklyn said with a smile that was similar to Paris's, but more reserved.

  "Hey, Brooke, I'm London."

  "I know, I heard," she giggled and looked at her sister.

  I took it upon myself to carry Brooklyn's duffel to the car when she and Paris hugged yet again.

A/N: quick question for people with siblings, do people say you guys look alike? And if they do, do you see it? Cause people say that about me and my sister but I don't see it.