112-114

Chapter 112 - The Better His Reputation Before, the Worse It Was Backfiring on Him Now (1)

Unlike Ayron Corporation, Meifang Corporation had never sought financing and never went IPO. Fang JunRong held 100% of the stock and whatever she said, went.

Fang JunRong's work style had always been decisive and efficient. She had a meeting with the upper management the very next day to discuss her idea of raffling. The decision was made after some of the details were nailed down.

Just as she had expected, as soon as the announcement was made, the words "Beautify Pills Raffling" immediately went up on the most trended list. All of the netizens were amazed and shocked beyond words.

[I've only heard of raffling for cars. This is for sure the first time I have heard of raffling for cosmetics. Man, when you live long enough, you see everything.]

[I've always been lucky. Can't wait!]

[This was certainly good news for those who were slow on the keyboard!! So excited that I am running around in circles downstairs!!]

[As a normally very unlucky person, never mind, I will just wait to buy in a month's time. Tired-smile.jpg.]

[I am going to use all of my friends and relatives' accounts. One of them has got to be picked!]

[I wonder if Li WangJin regrets his behaviors seeing how Fang JunRong is doing now. If I were him, I'd regret so much that I could puke.]

[Pffft. Why would you bring that guy up in a situation like this? Who wants to hear about him?]

All in all, while the public was stunned by this idea, they were accepting of it for the most part. If they couldn't even get one from the raffling, they would only attribute that to their own bad luck. Besides, when push came to shove, they could also buy one a month later.

As Fang JunRong's ex-husband, Li WangJin was inevitably dragged out and stomped in the conversations all over again.

Li WangJin did not allow others to talk about Fang JunRong in front of him normally yet he paid close attention to what was going on with her at all times. He wished Fang JunRong's company would go belly up, the sooner the better. When he read about the comments from the netizens, he was so mad that he turned into a puffer fish, but all he could do was to jump up and down in his office.

In the past, albeit reasonable sales of its sets of astringent, firming, and smoothing toners, Meifang Corporation's earning power was very limited under the competition force from all the other domestic cosmetics companies. It did not remotely measure up to that of Ayron Corporation. The most valuable asset was the land that it sat on, which was why Li WangJin happily gave it to Fang JunRong.

Who would have thought that this company, under Fang JunRong's management, would be revitalized and turned into the hen that could lay golden eggs in the eyes of others? That was a hard pill for Li WangJin to swallow.

It hadn't even been that long, and Fang JunRong had already made so much money from it. In a few years' time, it could easily surpass his Aryon Corporation. Contrarily, Aryon Corporation, owing to him, was being boycotted by some netizens with nothing better to do, and their sales had decreased noticeably. Many in the board of directors were not happy with him and would even voice their disgruntlement to his face.

In addition, due to insufficient working capital, he had missed out on a few profitable projects. This was very different than how he had envisioned. He felt that he should be doing much better than he was right now.

During the first couple of weeks after his divorce, he particularly enjoyed going to all sorts of clubs with his business associates and was able to act without restraints. He had experienced the joy of freedom that he had not experienced in the past 20 years.