chapter 72

They didn’t choose to hustle in the town to steal those butchers’ thunders. Instead, they found a far-off place in the bazaar, put the sack down, revealing the bright red dry meat.

Some people were familiar with Wu Dahu. They knew that he was a hunter and knew that he had sold spices, so they were attracted and all gathering in front of the stall.

Generously, Wu Dahu took out a piece of dry meat in a big size, and then sliced them into piece, dispensing them to every passer-by who showed a great interest to have a bite.

The delicacy and the dry meat quickly captured every passer-by who had a taste on it. Receiving a positive evaluation, they sold two whole packs of dry meat out in a while.

Just at the moment they were about to gather up their stall and head to buy something, a familiar butcher came over and grabbed Wu Dahu’s hand all of a sudden, saying, “Brother Dahu, where did you get such huge quantity of dry meat? You even finished cooking them with spices and seasonings. Aren’t you going to monopolize in this marketplace?!”

Wu Dahu couldn’t help laughing and then retorted in indifference, saying, “I have already sold out all our dry meat. Don’t worry, is my seasoning a good-sold one?”

The man put down his hand and nodded honestly after hearing what Wu Dahu said, saying, “Well, it sells well though. Basically, everyone who comes to buy meat will always buy a pack of spices. Anyway, it isn’t that kind of expensive comparing with the flesh we sell. In addition, the spices will surely better the flavor of the meat, so why not?”

Wu Dahu asked thoughtfully, “Oh, really? So do you need more supply? Just inform us if you need more.”

The man pondered for a moment and then answered decisively, “I will consider replenishing my stock next week. But Brother Dahu, are you really not going to sell dry meat here again? Your booming business will surely be a great threat to ours! If I didn’t block the other butcher away, they will rush to you and interrogate you with rage.”

Noticing that the man was showing a face of “NEVER GIVE UP UNTIL GETTING AN ANSWER”, Wu Dahu responded sincerely, saying, “I really won’t come here again. The winter is approaching, where can I get so many preys?”

These two whole packs of meat wasn’t his own achievement though, he did rely on a cluster of people from the whole town to gather them. It wasn’t possible for him alone to capture such an amount of preys within one day even if he absorbed himself in hunting the whole day.

The man pondered carefully and then finally figured out that Wu Dahu was telling a truth. He relaxed and sighed with relief, saying while smiling big, “That makes sense, HAHA. Brother Dahu, your only duty should be supplying us with preys and seasonings. We butchers bear the other responsibilities to sell the commodity.”

Wu Dahu nodded to the man. After the man left, Wu Dahu spoke to Song Qinghan, saying slowly, “Sure enough, they will of course blame us for stealing their thunders. If we plan to run this business, we’d better be prepared to be a target who gathers hatred for all.”

Seeing that Wu Dahu was with a long face, Song Qinghan came to console, saying, “It’s not easy to monopolize the business. It will be tough for us to see a bigger picture in it. We should be satisfied now for earning this amount of coins. I think we’d better run our small business not making a hit.”

“By the way, do you need to prepare any weapon for the tournament? Like knives or swords or something others?” continued Song Qinghan.

He asked it because he was curious.

Wu Dahu smiled and shook his head, saying, “I don’t need anything. I already have this dagger now. Knives and swords are all only suitable for a show, but not practical at all. There will be no time for people to react and extract them in time when they are encountering something. Probably at that time when they are reacting, they have already been punched on face by their enemy’s fist.”