𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
"War"
——

Jane stayed at the prison with Glenn in charge while Daryl, Rick and Hershel went to meet up with the governor to prevent any more deaths from happening on both sides

Jane stayed at the prison with Glenn in charge while Daryl, Rick and Hershel went to meet up with the governor to prevent any more deaths from happening on both sides. Jane, Maggie, Beth, Michonne, Glenn and Carl stood around the table loading up each and every gun they owned incase things didn't go as planned on Rick's part.

"Carl, come here" Glenn says and Carl walks around the table to stand in front of Glenn. "Stash these at the loading dock. All right?" Glenn questions handing Carl two boxes of extra bullets and Carl nods and does as he's told before Glenn hands Beth a box of bullets, telling her to take them on the catwalk.

"If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo" Glenn voices and Jane nods as she organizes the gun along with Michonne. Jane looks up and locks eyes with Glenn they send smiles to each other. Jane's cheeks slowly begin to turn red and she lets out a soft sigh while going back to work. "Umm- Im gonna work on the cage outside, wanna join me?" Glenn asks tapping Jane's shoulder and Jane looks to Maggie and Michonne who nod there heads showing they can hold everything down in here.

"Sure" Jane says grabbing a pair of gloves, "Take this" Maggie says as she hands Jane a hand gun and Jane places it in her holster and starts to follow Glenn out until Merle decides to put in his input. "What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the governor" Merle suggests and Jane shakes her head. "We know where he is" Merle states.

"Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn questions, "Yeah, I am" Merle states honestly. "We've already told Rick that we'd stay here" Jane says looking to Merle. "Well, I've changed my mind" Merle sighs and Jane rolls her eyes, "That's not how it works around here" Jane states. "Being on the sideline with my brother out there... ain't sitting right with me" Merle says shaking his head. "The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed" Glenn voices, "A thousand things could go wrong".

"And they will" Merle states and Jane sighs and looks to Carl who turns around to face Merle. "My dad can take care of himself" Carl announces before he walks off up the stairs. "Sorry son, but your dads head could be on a pike real soon" Merle says and Jane scoffs, "Are you serious? Rick is just fine. Why would you say that to him?" Jane steps forward while Merle shrugs. "Just the truth, babydoll" Merle says sucking his teeth.

"It's not the right move. Not now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire. That's my decision and it's final" Glenn states before he and Jane walk off together.

~~

While Glenn used his tool to cut out a whole in the fence. Jane put on her gloves and pushes on the remaining fence to make it a perfectly shaped rectangle to shoot guns out of. "Are you okay?" Glenn asks setting the tool down, taking a breath and sliding his gloves off. "Yeah, I- I don't know I'm worried about them and slowly starting to consider Merle's idea" Jane states honestly as she slides her gun off and looks to Glenn.