𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

Cursed Speech
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

YOU HELD YOUR SWORD TIGHTLY AS YOU TOOK deep breaths to calm yourself down. The demon growled as he bent his upper body, ready to strike in any moment. You narrowed your E/C eyes to try and find any weakness or that thin line to decapitate him, but you couldn't.

Was all of your training useless? Were you going to die here?

No.

Kyojuro is waiting for you and you can't give up without a fight.

You exhaled before dashing toward the muscular demon. You swang your sword at him, cutting his arms off. Unfortunately, the demon regenerated his arms quickly and sent a blow toward you. The hit got your side, but nothing you can't hold. The demon raised both of his fists up and slammed them down on the ground, making the ground crack in line until it reached you.

You almost lost your balance, but thankfully jumped high up before you could fall, "Winter Breathing: Third Form: Heaven Hail!" You thought as you delivered multiply ranged ice slashes downwards. The demon put his arm crisscross in front of his face to protect him. You used this opportunity to dash toward him, "Fifth Form: Snow Blast!" You stabbed him through his stomach, but...

He got a hold of the sword.

You noticed that this demon has grown another pair of arms. He forcefully took the sword from you and picked you up by the throat, "I'm screwed..." You thought as you glared at the men-flesh eating monster while trying to take in deep inhales. He threw you away, your back hitting the tree.

You spat out blood and groaned in pain...

Only one way to end this and you didn't want to use it yet, but now you have to.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

Meanwhile, Kyojuro found the Wisteria flowers and managed to get to safety. He looked around and saw nobody made it just yet, even you. He got worried about you and was about to return, but was stopped by that woman from before.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you."

Kyojuro turned around to the woman and smiled at her, "I need to go, my friend is not here yet." The woman sighed and smiled gently at him, "You can't just leave I'm afraid. Once you make it here, you can't just leave. It's the rules, my child." For a moment, Kyojuro's eyes twitched as he clenched his fists.

"Are you by any chance related to Rengoku Shinjoru san?"

Kyojuro looked up with his eyes wide a bit at the mention of his family's name, "Yes, he is my father." He stated which made the woman smile softly at him, "The resemblance is so clear. I also see that you got your father's spirit."

Kyojuro nodded and bowed in respect, "Arigatō gozaimasu!"

"Who are you going to research for if you don't mind me asking?"

The young male shook his head, "Her name is Inumaki Y/N, she is very important to me." Once she heard the name, her beautiful purple(?) eyes widen, "Inumaki?... Weren't they disbanded? It seems there's only one member left." She thought, quickly hiding her shock and smiled again, "Let's hope that Inumaki san returns safely." She assuringly said, making Kyojuro look down.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

You shakingly stood up, your legs wobbling violently. You have now to use your talent since your sword was in the demon's grasp. You didn't want to, it's so dangerous for you to use it. However, if you need to survive, you have to bare with the damage and return.

"I have to do it... I need to... survive. Kyojuro..."

With a determined look, you opened your mouth, "Get twisted!" A great force made the demon twist, resulting in disfiguring him and letting go of your sword. You coughed out blood and it seeped from your lips down to your chin, you felt the pain in throat. It was like you swallowed needles and broken glass pieces.

You almost fell down, but you held yourself up and ran toward your sword. You managed to get it and held it properly even though your hands were shaking, "Sixth Form: Dragon of the Blizzard!" You continued to swing your sword to build power to create a single slash in the shape of a dragon, decapitating the demon.

You collapsed down on your knees and sighed in relief, "I... did it."

You started to feel the pain aching through your body as the adrenaline washed away, the damage in your throat was so unbearable. You were pretty exhausted to even stand up, but you have to go back. Using your sword as a support, you stood up as another groan escaped your lips. Little by little, you started to look for the Wisteria flowers and end this nightmare.

T I M E    S K I P:-
Your eyes twinkled as you saw the gorgeous purple flowers. You slowly made your way up the long stairs, trying desperately not to fall. It felt like you had been walking for hours when it was actually a few minutes of walk.

As you took the last step, you could see only a few people made it safely. Unconsciously, your eyes started to look for the golden hair of Kyojuro until you spotted him rushing toward you with worry.

You let out a breath of relief as you were about to fall down, but Kyojuro quickly held you up and supported your body, "Are you okay, Y/N?" He asked you, his voice was almost like a whisper. You slowly nodded, "Shake..." You faintly told him, but that didn't assure Kyojuro at all. He put your arm on his shoulders and carefully made his way to the rest of the survivors.

The same woman appeared again and she smiled at you all, "Congratulations for passing the Final Selection, you are now demon slayers. It's now time to receive your Kasugai crows along with your uniforms and choosing the ore for your Nichirin blade." She explained, making you feel excited for your new sword and crow.

You were happy that you made it pass this test, but most importantly, you were happy that Kyojuro was also safe.