5. SIN

I stood back with a smile, but it instantly dropped when I took in my handy work. Letting out a growl, I stomped forward and ripped the curtains from the couches. The living room wasn't going to work because there were too many windows and the bedroom was too small.

Letting out a huff, I glanced around. My brows dipped into a frown when an idea hit. It was a long shot and there was no guarantee that it was going to work. Gathering the curtains in my arms, I hurried down the hall into the bedroom. I dumped them on the bed and walked over to the closet. Pulling open the door, I studied the space with a critical eye.

It wasn't going to work either!

Letting out a growl, I spun and studied the room again. The bed stood in the middle of the room with little space between it and the wall on either side. I stared at the window for a moment and then the bed. The windowsill could be used along with the bed to hold the curtains up. With the picture forming in my mind, I hurried into the kitchen to grab a chair and pillows from the couch. Carrying everything back into the bedroom, I set to work.

The sheets and pillows from the bed were thrown into the corner. Placing the chair on the bed, I pushed part of the curtain underneath it and pulled it over to the window. I needed something heavy to place on top of the corner on the windowsill.

Rocks! They would be heavy enough and the risk of it breaking was zero. I had seen some outside the cottage. With a hop in my step, I hurried outside and around the cottage.

I glanced around to make sure that nobody was around before I picked two up and carried them inside. A few more trips and the curtain was in place. Pulling the couch pillows closer, I knelt near the entrance and carefully placed the pillows in place. When that was done, I covered it with two sheets and then placed the other pillows in place. One for my head and two on either side of it.

Satisfied, I crawled out of my nest and stood to study it. It wasn't as great as I imagined it to be, but it was still mine. Letting out a sigh, I turned and screamed when I spotted the dog hovering in the doorway.

Her eyes shot to me, blinking, she tilted her head up and sniffed. Her tongue flicked out of her mouth for a second but it was long enough for me to see her sharp teeth.

"N-nice d-doggy," I stuttered.

She took it as an invitation to step into the bedroom. Her nose trailed along the floor as she sniffed. I took small steps backward on shaky legs the closer she moved. My leg brushed against something but before I could steady myself, she decided to jump at me. Another scream fell from my lips. I fell backward, and to make matters worse, it was right on top of the nest I had just finished. Pain shot through me when the chair and the rocks came down on top of me.

"Daisy, out!"

Shivers raced down my spine when the Alpha's deep voice filled my ears. I kept my eyes squeezed closed when I felt the chair being lifted and the rocks pushed aside.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked.

I swallowed, hesitated a moment, and then opened my eyes to blink up at him. Tyrone was hovering over me, narrowed eyes staring down at me. Movement behind him had my eyes darted to Bella's alpha.

"We heard you scream," he explained.

"Keep the cottage door closed," Tyrone growled as he stormed out of the door.

Blinking up at the ceiling, I tried to get rid of the tears burning my eyes. Pushing all the thoughts from my mind, I slowly sat up and winced. My eyes dropped to the scrape against my knee.

"You have a cut on your forehead too."

My eyes snapped to him. "I thought you left."

"I wouldn't be able to even if you shoved me out the door." He moved closer and held out a hand. "Let me take a look at those wounds."