CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london

The next day, Finn drove Bea to Tommy's house, where he was expecting her to get some work done

When Bea walked in, the house seemed empty, but then she saw Lizzie.

"Hello! Congratulations!" she says with a hug.

"Thank you, Bea."

"How are you? How is little Ruby?"

"I'm fine, thank you. It's been some hard few days. But she's sleeping now."

"I won't go wake her, then, but I hope to meet her soon."

"Maybe before you leave," Lizzie says. "Tommy is in his office."

"Okay, thank you."

Inside his office, Tommy was on a call. When Bea stood at the door, he signaled her to go in and sit down as he continued on the call. Bea started looking at the papers he had spread on the table, even though he didn't tell her she could touch them.

"All right," Tommy clears his throat as he puts the phone down and Bea puts the papers, she'd picked up back on the table. "So, I hope you had a good few days off."

"Yes, it was nice going to camp. You enjoying being a father of two?"

"Of course, although I could do without the crying," he says as he sits down. "So, onto business. Next week, I need to go to London, have a few meetings, go to the parliament... I want you to join me. Help me up with everything I need to do and when. Also, I need you to keep me informed on the people I'm meeting."

"Yes, of course," Bea agrees.

"Great. Today, you'll help me with these I have," he says pointing at the paper-covered table. "Tomorrow you can work back at the office."

"But you're not coming back yet?"

"No, I'll have to stay here for another week, to help Lizzie. But after the London trip I'll be back in the office."

"All right. I'll use the telephone if I need something tomorrow then. That's what they are for."

"Exactly. Now, let's sort this out."

They worked hard for a while, Tommy made some more calls as well. By lunch time they still had a lot to do, so they took a break to go and eat. When they got out of the office, Bea saw Charlie, who was watching Lizzie taking care of little Ruby.

"Charlie!" Tommy calls out. "Look who's here."

Charlie looks and sees Bea next to Tommy. His face lights up and he runs with open arms to Bea.