Chapter 1

*****
(A/N I wanted to post this on Christmas as a Christmas gift but.... anyways. Hope you enjoyed your holidays and New Year SAFELY and blessedly.)

"I'm a, I'm a, I'm a Maverick!
I'm a, I'm a, I'm a Maverick!"

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I pulled my headphones off then turned around to Connor.

"Dude, you sound terrible." We chuckled together. "Anyways, can I borrow your maths notes."

"Sure." I nodded and handed him my book. He took the book then left with some of his friends.

I got a text. Cheyenne, my girlfriend. A smile forms on my face as I open the masseging app.

"You done with your class yet?"

"Yeah, I just finished." I text back.

"Great. I'll meet you outside."

"Okay."

I took my bag and headed out of the class. The building is still full of students that just finished their classes.

I put my headphones back on. "Breaking the game son!"

I don't even know the lyrics. Just singing whatever I hear.

Not after long I was outside. I can't see her. Someone tapped my shoulder. It's her. I immediately smile and take off my headphones.

"Hey." We hug.

"Hey. I've been waiting for you for so long now." She whined.

"Ncaw, I'm sorry. I forgot myself-"

"And remained in class while listening to your music again." She finished my sentence cutting me off. She knows me too well.

"Yeah."

"It's fine. Let's go. The others are waiting." We lock hands then leave campus.

It's a very sunny day today, I can hardly keep my eyes open. "Haa~" she sighs. "It's been so long since we've taken a walk together. Plus it's such a beautiful day today."

"I would agree if the sun wasn't so bright." I cover my eyes a little. She giggled.

"Just wear my glasses then." She hands me her sunglasses. One of our favourite pink and flowery sunglasses. We share a lot of things like accessories, hats and all that other stuff since we have similar tastes in things.

I took the glasses and put them on. She chuckled again. "You rock those more than I do." I smirk and bring my hand under my chin as if advertising my handsome face. She laughs even more.

After around 10 minutes of walking we arrived at the restaurant we had agreed to meet at with our friends. "You remember we're meeting a new friend today, right?" She asked while we're waiting for the others outside the restaurant. We stood under the shade near the restaurant so I put the sunglasses on my head making them hold back my long black hair. My hair is around shoulder level just like Cheyenne's. She sometimes braids my hair, forces me to be honest.

"I'm meeting a new friend. You already know him." I raise a brow and grin at her.

"You know what I mean." She rolled her eyes with a slight head shake.

"Of course I remember. That's why I'm so chill today." I pop my flannel shirt collar while bitting my lower lip in a very f-boy way.

"Ugh, you just made me cringe." I chuckle. "But you must remember,"

"I know. And I will be nice." I nodded with a soft smile.

"Promise?" She pouted in a cutesy way.