37

Novas POV

He offers me his arm, and I take it. It's time for the ceremony and my nerves are all over the place.

"Shall we?" He asks.

I simply nod in return and try to give my best smile. We walk arm in arm to the elevator. Once in he leans over and whispers in my ear

"I'm so happy to finally be doing this with you."

I can tell by his face, he means it. But a part of me is still wondering if this is too good to be true. It's never this easy, never this good.

I've let my guard down before, and look at what that got me... I won't love him, I can't.

Sure, he plays the sweet and loving mate role now, but so did Lane once upon a time. I would be a fool to expect him to be who he's acted like so far. I must distance myself, no matter what.

I pull my arm from him and take his hand instead. We walk to the Luna ceremony hand in hand. I'm itching to pull my hand from his, but I can't yet. I plaster the best fake smile I can on my face. I have to get through this.

I can do this...

We walk into the ball room, and I've never seen it so beautiful. The entire pack is there, standing in lines as we walk in. Everyone turns to us as we enter, they bow their heads. All turning their necks slightly in submission.

We walk hand in hand down the isle to the stage. Where an elder us waiting for us. Once there I can finally let go of his hand. We face each other as the ceremony begins.

It's a normal ceremony, nothing I haven't read about before. I promise to be the best Luna I can to the pack, and always put the pack first. The we cut our hands and mix our blood. Once I took a sip I was immediately linked to the pack.

It was insane the amount of voices I heard at once. Some stuck out more than others, I don't know why. But certain ones were clear as daylight among the many voices.

"She'll be an amazing Luna."

"She's so pretty."

"She's probably a bitch."

"She's a much better choice than that Giselle whore."

"She seems stuck up."

"I hope she's a good Luna."

"I'm so glad we have a real Luna now."

"Welcome to the pack, my Luna, my love."

The last one of course was Zane. After the ceremony people lined up to congratulate and meet me, the new Luna. I smiled through it the best I could. I couldn't believe Zane and I were officially bonded as Alpha and Luna.

The last ones to congratulate us was his family and mine. They waited so they could talk to us longer. I really did appreciate that. Then it was time for the feast.

And I could use a drink...

Zanes POV

I don't know what's wrong with Nova, but I can tell something is off. Ever since I picked her up from her room, she's seemed different. I feel as if she's distancing herself, and I don't know why.

Throughout the entire ceremony she seemed to not be in the moment with me. Like her mind and thoughts were elsewhere. I don't know if it's me or something else bothering her. Once she is linked to the pack I hear everything they are saying about her.

"She'll be a great Luna."

"Hopefully she can lead."

"They look amazing together."

"He only likes her cause she's hot."

"I'm so happy he found his true mate."

"I wonder what kind of food they're gonna serve?"

A few of them piss me off and I suppress a growl. The last one honestly made me laugh a little, but I hid it. I couldn't laugh as they crown her Luna of our pack. Not when she looks so nervous, but stunning at the same time nonetheless.

After the ceremony is complete, people come up to congratulate and greet their new Luna. She's friendly enough, but I can see it in her eyes; she's not fully invested. She has a smile on her face, but it doesn't reach her eyes.

Something's wrong...

Part of me wonders if it has something to do with Lane. Deep down I think I hope she's just upset about today. About dealing with and seeing him. There's another part of me however that says it's something else.

When our families came up she seemed truly relieved. I don't know why, but that put me at ease slightly. Maybe she was just nervous. I have to believe that, or I'll start to worry. Finally it's time to eat, then I hear her thoughts

'And I could use a drink'

'I couldn't agree more'

I think back and she looks startled as she stares at me wide eyed.

'I forgot we'd be able to hear each other aftwer the bond was completed.'

'It's okay my love, you can block me like you do the pack. Just not your emotions at certain times. Like when you feel something strongly. Right now I can feel your worry and nervousness. There's no reason for either. You'll be a great Luna.'

She blushes and looks down, then back up at me.

'Thank you.'

'Anytime baby girl. I love you.'

'Love you too.'  

I give her a wink. She just shakes her head and laughs lightly. Then a true smile graces her lips. I could look at her smile all day long. Especially when I'm the cause of it.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision the ball room, but feel free to change it however you like.
P.S: Don't forget to vote ;) more likes = more chapters!!

Also, when the text is like this  "She is cute"   that means it's a pack member. When it's like this  'Thank you'  then it's between two or more people talking.