Chapter 3

And as always, I did get a detention slip.

We got to school around 9 am and Mrs. Headey was already handing out seatworks and handed me my very own 'seatwork' . Yup, it was my detention slip. She also told me to go out and that I can't attend class anymore for being late.

This happened a few times before during her subject. She even told me that I'm her favorite student... Favorite student to give detention slips to. But Mrs. Headey is still nice because she only gives me slips and that's it. No grade deduction or formal warnings.

As I was about to go to the comfort room, I saw the girl that I wanted to avoid.

She went out of her classroom, wearing a fitted tee tucked in her highwaisted pants, hair tied at the back and big hoop earrings. Now I understand why people stare at her and couldn't take their eyes off her.

She's a goddess.

"Hey, Yeji! Staring again, huh? There's no painting behind me this time," She smirked.

My cheeks heated up as I avoided her eyes. "Comfort room is behind you. I need to pee," which I really did.

"Can't blame you for denying it. It's like I'm a magnet,"

"Who said anything about denying?" I lied.

She's right. She's a magnet and my eyes were attached to her.

Dimples appeared as she let out a laugh. "Lie all you want. Go before you piss yourself here,"

Great. Dimples. Makes her even more attractive.

Biting my lips in embarrassment, I kept my head down while I passed by her. The coconut scent made me catch a glimpse of a smiling Lia.

She shot me a wink, motioning for me to go in first.

Damn that coconut scent.

I did my business while Lia was fixing her make up.

"You smell good. Smells like Christmas," She acknowledged as I used the sink next to her.

I cracked a smile. My perfume's scent was pinecones but it smelled like cinnamon.

I love Christmas with all my heart. So I started buying Christmas scented perfumes.

"Why are you even talking to me?" I questioned. I barely see her talking to other people asides from Winter, Karina, and their group of friends.

"Is it bad if I want to talk to you?" She shrugged, reapplying her lipstick.

"It's weird."

"Like your face?" She shot back.

"Like your face," I retorted.

"Oh please. My face isn't anything near weird," She said matter of fact.

"Whatever. I'm gonna go to my next class,"

"Which we both have," She snorted.

I forgot that we mostly have the same subjects. Isn't that amazing? Not.

Second subject was bad as the first one. Lia made the person next to me change seats. I even sighed out loud to show her that she's annoying me. It didn't bother her of course. She just smiled sweetly at me and gave me a flying kiss which I caught, dropped it on the ground and crashed it with my foot with a evil grin on my face. She just rolled her eyes at me, telling me that I'll regret what I did and I'll catch her flying kisses one day.

I snorted at her delusional thought. I'll stomp all her flying kisses.

Lunch came, the canteen packed with students taking the vacant tables. Winter arrived first at our usual table before me. I ordered burger, fries, and got an iced coffee from the vending machine.