048 | i look snazzy

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter forty-eight

third person;

the one night of the year which you see in many teen romance movies, where everyone gets all dressed up, and what appears to be a drama free night of fun, everyone getting along and spending the end of a long school year celebrating the night with friends. 

yet there sienna was, laying flat on her back on the bed with her makeup fully done but her hair barely even touched less then half an hour before she had to be ready, and no one else at her house to tell her to get up or rush her with anything.

her eyes were fixed on the ceiling and she would glancing over at her dress which was hanging on her wardrobe door, in perfect view for her to see the full length, every so often as she thought about how she didn't want to put it on.

she had been waiting for this night for a year now and although everyone already knew about her and zach, she still found it hard to let go of her nerves which were built up by worrying about others opinions and she just couldn't seem to feel excited about the night.

and with a facetime call from her boyfriend which she had stared at while it rung for almost the full duration, sienna sat up and answered it right before it ended.

"hi baby," she gave him a small, half forced smile once the call connected. "how are you?"

"look at me, i look snazzy" zach held his phone up to show off his suit then holding it back in front of his face, "okay now your turn show me your pretty dress on you."

"you do look good, handsome if you will," she mentioned while her smile was becoming more natural. "and i don't have my dress on yet," she added while mumbling.

"baby what do you mean?" he slightly pouted.

"i- i just.." she shrugged as her eye went over to the dress once again. "i think i'm nervous- i don't know.."

"can i come over?" he more suggested rather than questioned, already receiving a small nod from her. "and i can try my best to help you get ready."

"yeah, okay"

"okay, i'll be there soon. bye baby, i love you."

"i love you too," she responded.

sienna had noticed the time once the call ended, she finally got up and went into her bathroom. looking at herself in the mirror for a few seconds then opening up one of the drawers to search for her hair straightener.

by the time zach arrived, sienna's mother had as well so she let the boy in the house. making his way to sienna's room and then looking into her bathroom while she was starting to do her hair, and his silhouette had made her slightly jump.

"zach you scared me," she said putting her hair straightener down and holding her arms out for a hug. "what happened to your clothes, you lost them on the way over?"

"those pants were uncomfortable and the jacket was making me hot so i put shorts on at home and my jacket and pants are on your bed," he clarified. "still got my white shirt on though, and i'm not gonna get it dirty."