C9: Captain Bitch

"Live however you want, it's your life anyway
Stop trying, it's okay to lose."

Artist: 방탄소년단 (BTS)
Song: 불타오르네 (Burning Up)
Album: Young Forever

Roseanne

I don't know what's happening, but it's very unusual to see Jennie and Lisa this early in training here in our court. They both appear serious and intent on their training.

Jennie-Unnie is now training her for real and not making her clean. I can't believe this is happening. It's very new to our eyes.

Coach Jessi and my other teammates have a confused and surprised expression in their faces.

Well, Jennie unnie never trained anyone by herself, and she is not only training Lisa, but she is also joining her. It's like they are working out together.

"They have a good chemistry." Coach Jessi stated, and my teammates nodded in sync, agreeing with our coach's statement.

Coach Jessi had a smirk plastered on her lips and she crossed her arms.

We went quietly inside the court, afraid that we would disturb Jennie, Unnie, and Lisa. It looks like my other teammates don't have any plans to practice today. They are all busy watching Jennie, Unnie, and Lisa.

"Let's start doing recieving." Jennie-Unnie said to Lisa, and she looked over to us. "Mina, assist her."

Mina pushed the basket of balls into the other side of the net. She will be doing a couple of services and Lisa will receive them.

Lisa stood in the middle on the other side of the net. She prepared her arms, but I noticed that she was not bending her knees.

Mina started doing underhand service and Lisa was easily receiving the ball.

Suddenly, Jennie Unnie stops them. Maybe it was because Lisa was not hitting the ball strongly enough to make it into the other side of the net.

"Why are you hitting it like that? No one will receive or spike it for you." Jennie unnie spoke far too calmly in comparison to our expectations.

"Am I supposed to make the ball reach the other side of the court?" Lisa asked and Jennie unnie just nodded.

"Daebak! Why is she not shouting at Limario?" Chu unnie asked, she also confused.

"She talks way too calmly and she looks pretty chill." Seulgi stated.

"Someone got tamed." Nayeon, Unnie, said something that made us laugh. When our laughter died down, our faces went serious.

"That's freaking impossible." We said it in unison and nodded in agreement.

"You never know." Coach Jessi interrupted and said she was busy watching the two.

I don't mind at all if Jennie changes, but I hope in a good way and not in the b-word way.

•••

Lalisa

Finally, I'm training for real now and I'm glad that I'm not going to clean the court, stock room, and locker room.

I think Jennie and I are making progress. We go home together and, coincidentally, meet on our way to the subway station every morning.

It's been a week since we started our training. However, she hasn't let me play with the whole team because she says I'm not ready for it yet.