Chapter Nineteen

Gojo POV

"Sir?"
"Sir?"
I whipped my head up.

I got dizzy.
When last did I sleep?
The beep from the hospital monitor and the footsteps of nurses.
"The doctor will see you now, if you'd follow me."

I slowly got up and followed the nurse out of the waiting room. The passage was quiet as all the private rooms blurred past me.

21J.
"She is waiting inside."
I slowly opened the door. A heartbeat touched my ears.
"Good evening Mr Gojo. I'm glad to see you again, although you look a mess."

The head medic from the accident spoke from the corner.
"You're her doctor?"
She nodded.
"We can't very well let a powerful sorceress fall into the hands of humans in her condition."

My eyes darted to the curtains that covered her body.
The accident.
One month ago.

"You two are very close. One might say closer than partners should be."
The medic stated.
"Will she be okay?"
I whispered. I could feel my throat becoming dry and sore. But I buried my emotions so she would not see.

She stretched.
"The only people who know that Y/N is still alive is you and me. We must keep it this way as there is suspicious that a traitor is amongst the higher ups."
I nodded not taking my eyes off the curtains.

The medic placed her hand on the curtain.
"Take a seat."
She opened the curtain and there Y/N lay. Her skin was slightly paler.

"When the claw from the curse fell onto her it nicked part of her spine, causing a coma and her memory to be lost."
Light scars ran from her fingertips all the way to the lower part of her neck in swirls.
Must be from her over use in the accident.

I sat down, listening to her heart monitor. I cautiously touched her hand, she didn't move. Her small hand still perfect in mine.
"Here our your options-"
"Why me?"

The medic checked the drip and the machine.
"Like I said, you two seem close. She left you as her emergency contact and so that leaves you with the choice."

"So we have option one: we don't inform her of her Jujustu past. She will be told that she was in a terrible accident, causing her scars and memory loss. That way she can be protected from this line of work."

"Don't you get tired of this?"
"Of what?"
I asked.Y/N watered her plants.
"Constant danger, fear for your life. I don't know sometimes I think it would be better to just live a normal life."

I snapped back to her unconscious figure in front of me.
"Or option two: Y/N will be sent to America. There are therapists within the Jujustu community that can help her retrieve parts to her memory and restore part of her power."

She smiled up at me while we sat on the Ferris wheel.
"What Darling?"
I chuckled looking down at her.
"I love you."
She said simply. I blinked. That was so out of the blue.
"I love you too."

"So...what will it be?"