Chapter 15

It is nighttime in the castle grounds, Hermione, Ron, Harry and I are running across to Hagrid's hut.

We knock on the door and Hagrid, who is wearing an apron and oven mitts, opens it from the inside.

" Hagrid!"

" Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today."

He begins to close the door as we said in unison. " We know about the Philosopher's Stone!"

Hagrid opens the door again. "Oh."
We all walk into Hagrid's hut.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it."
" Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?"

" Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why."

"Ella,Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!"

"What?" Harry and I said at the same time.

"You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today."

"Wait a minute."

I see Hagrid's boar-hound Fang, who sniffs me.

"One of the teachers?" I questioned.

Hermione was sitting in the chair. "Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments."

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me." Hermione looks at me, I'm is still being sniffed in the face by Fang.
I shuffle away.

" Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." Hagrid really can't keep his mouth shut.

A cauldron over a fire begins to rattle. "Oh!" Hagrid hurries over and grabs something. x Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" He places it on the table. It was an egg. We all crowd around.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?"
"That? It's a ... its um..."

"Ron, that's a.." I look at Ron.

"I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?"

"I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." Jeez,wonder why.

The egg rattles and cracks open as pieces fly off; a small baby dragon emerges. It squeaks and slips on an egg piece.

"Is that...a dragon?"

"That's not just a dragon. That's a..."

" Norwegian Ridgeback!" I exclaimed, I've read about them.

"My brother Charlie works with these in Romania."

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert."

Norbert squeaks as it looks at Hagrid.

Harry looks up at Hagrid,"Norbert?"

" Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Ron looks at me and starts to laugh. I join him. "Don't you, Norbert?" he raises fingers back and forth across Norbert's chin "Dededede."

Norbert backs away, until he hiccups and blast a small fireball into Hagrid's beard,he quickly pats out the smolders in his beard " Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Norbert hiccups. Hagrid looks behind me,to the window. "Who's that?"

ait turns out to be Draco Malfoy, who scampers away. Of course.

"Malfoy." I sigh.

Harry, Ron , Hermione and I are walking back through a corridor.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him." Harry tells us. He's not going to be allowed to keep Norbert if someone finds out.

"It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows."

" I don't understand. Is that bad?" I question Ron. Malfoy hasn't been mean to me yet,yet they hated him. Was Malfoy mean to them?

"It's bad." Ron said defeated.

We stop as McGonagall, in her nightgown, appears, sternly.

McGonagall: Good evening.

Then, Malfoy appears smugly beside her. Arse.

Inside McGonagall's classroom, the four of us are now standing in front of McGonagall's desk, while Malfoy is feet away, smirking at me.

McGonagall talks to us sternly making me a little scared of her.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."
" 50?!"

"Each" Harry gasps. That was a lot of points. Other Gryffindors are going to hate us.

"And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention."

Malfoy nods,he really is thick. I glance over him with a smile of my face, then his smile vanishes with great concern when he looks at me.

"Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said...'the five of us.'" he's an idiot.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates."

Harry, Ron,Hermione and I grin, as Draco sags, knowing that the tables have turned. Karma got to him before I could.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We walked towards the forbidden forest for detention. I thought the forest was banned for first years but not like Dumbledore actually cared,there is a massive 3 headed dog in castle, after all.

Harry, Ron, Hermione ,me and Draco are being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." This man had some kind of mental illness.

Draco gulps, and Hermione rushes by. " You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest."

Hagrid appears with a crossbow. He sniffles. He was crying.