Chapter 23 - Jarms Porter

Avery Flynn was pacing in the Hufflepuff common room, waiting for the girls to get there. She needed their support. It was Hogsmead weekend and if it was Hogsmead weekend then that means that she had a date. A date with James Potter. She was excited, but nervous. 

Deciding that the girls should be here soon and decided to wait outside the door. Just as she opens the door she sees the girls coming down the stairs towards her. Sighing in relief, Avery opens the door wider for the girls to walk in and up to her dorm. Luckily the other girls that shared a dorm with her were already off to Hogsmead, meaning Avery had the dorm to herself with her friends. 

"Merlin, Avery! Never thought that I'd see the day that you actually showed us that you're nervous." Joked Marlene as she sat down on the Flynn girls bed, that was incredibly comfortable. 

"Marlene, what have I said about saying things like this? That is not quite nice, you could at least say it in a nice way!" Avery says in a motherly tone as she points her finger at Marlene.

Alice and Lily share a look before they both laugh, Alice managing to get out, "You remind me of a sweet mother."

"Yeah, Avery, next thing you know, you'll end up being the mother of everyone's children, like us! You're practically the mother of all your friends." Dorcas laughs loudly as she throws her head back.

Avery looks at Dorcas for a moment before breaking out into a fit of giggles causing the girls to look over at the girl with soft expressions.

You see Avery was like their light, their sunshine and even if she acted like a mother she was like their little sister. Even if it seems that she is the most mature, she can still act like a child when you actually get to know her.

After a few minutes of laughing the girls calm down causing Avery to get up and walk over to her wardrobe. She opens it and starts to go through her clothes before finally picking out an outfit, causing her to let out an 'ah ha!'

"What outfit did you pick out, Avery?" Lily asks as she tilts her head.

Avery hums before she shakes her head and motions for the girls to wait. She turns around to face the girls and says, "I'm going to get changed first."

Despite the girls' protests Avery goes into the bathroom so she could get dresses. She strips from her clothes and pulls on a patterned skirt that goes to above her knees and picks up a red dress shirt before pulling it on. She looks into the mirror and smiles at her reflection to see her outfit looks great. Twirling around a little, Harley ruffles her slightly messy hair and walks out of the bathroom.

Alice was the first to notice and immediately squeals and hugs her cousin that was more like a sister and kisses her cheek, expressing how excited she was. Laughing, Avery hugs her sister-figure back and agrees with the girl saying she was just as excited.

"Oh! Let's go curl your hair first! When your hair is curled, it looks go cute!" Alice gushes.

Ten minutes later the girls are all dancing around after getting Avery's platinum blonde hair curled. They were too excited to not dance.

Lily stands up and walks over to Avery's nightstand and picks up Avery's muggle camera, exclaiming, "Guys, we should most definitely take a picture."

When Lily turns her back away from Marlene, said girls mocks her, "we should most definitely take a picture!"

"Oh, yes! Hold on, let me get my doc-Martin's on!" running to the bathroom, Avery fixes her hair since it had gotten a little messy when dancing before walking out of the bathroom to put her doc Martin's on.