50

Aniruddh sensed a warmth engulfing him. The coziness making him burry is head further in the pillow. He unknowingly smiled pulling the source of his warmth by his arms and snuggled. A satisfying purring left his soft lips. His grip tightened even more. His brows furrowed as something soft collided his chest. Was he hugging a pillow ? He wasn't habitual of that. He opened his eyes slowly to see something black peeking from the covers.

Covers...? He didn't remember covering them last night. The lights were off too. The light from the windows told him it was way past breakfast. Did someone come in last night ? He slowly pulled the cover down from over her head. Yes, he knew she was in his arms as soon as he opened his eyes.

Her hair spread over her shoulder and bed, her lips were parted and her left arm was around his waist. He was completely pressing her to him and he realised what actually was the softness he felt. A blush creeped up his face. He never thought he would ever wake up to the scene in front of him and it wasn't half as bad as he had thought something like this would be. He took so much care of such things always thinking it would be awkward for them. He always took a step back from something like this and he had noticed her avoiding such occurrences too.

But this morning...it was different...

He didn't push her away...

Why...?

Aniruddh let his eyes roam her face. She looked... peaceful...Her eyelids twitched a little. Was she awake...? Small nose flaring with the deep sleepy breaths she took. He smiled again...goofily. He lifted his right hand from her waist and brought one finger to her pink nose and poked it. He chuckled a little, trying not to be loud. She was trying so hard to pretend to be asleep. One more poke and her brows twitched slightly.
This was fun...

Two could play this game...

He put his fingers to work as he removed the strands of hair from her face, moving slowly towards her left shoulder where her hair lay unkempt, pushing them to her back , making them fall on the bed. Few strings entangled with her mangalsutra were carefully freed by his expert fingers. He did try to take care that his fingers don't touch her but as he was placing the mangalsutra back his fingers brushed against her skin where the saree had slipped from. The feather like touch made her toes curl bringing to his attention her entrapped foot below his heavy right leg.

Oh...they were in a compromising position. And he was sure someone had seen them like this. Whoever came to turn the lights off. He waited for the dread and guilt build inside him but it didn't. Was it because because it was her...?

His Bondita...?

All this time her age bothered him, it still did for so many right reasons. But if he ever woke up in a girl's arm, of the age he considers appropriate, he would have a heart attack. He never did such a thing with Saudamini nor had thought of it with Manorama. The women he supposedly was attracted to. And he knew if he ever had found himself like this with anyone of them...he would have been a panicking mess.

But here... In her arms...he felt he belonged there with her. His left hand reached up her scalp from beneath her as his right one snaked around her waist again. This time holding her tighter, closer, his legs placed more firmly on her's. Intensity such that made her breaths ragged. She really was trying hard...to compose herself. He watched her intently to look for any discomfort...reluctance.
None...

Was it the lazy morning that made him want to stay here all day...? Or was it his sleepy head that had thrown out all the logic from his brain ? It could just be a desperate attempt of his subconscious to try to keep at bay the thoughts of what had plagued their beautiful world.
But it had to be something that made Aniruddh hold on to her today.