Chapter 19

Ron sighs,"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. Ella,you take the queens spot. As for me, I'll be a knight." We all take their places.

" What happens now?" Hermione says when she takes her place.

Ron answers from aboard a horse , "Well, white moves first, and then...we play. "

A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron and I study the game.

" Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione is nervous.

"You there! D-5!" A black pawn moves forward when Ron yells, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its swords and smashes the black one. We all jump.

" Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!" I say as I turn to her.

The game continues. Pieces smash each other, boom! Boom! neither of us have moved yet.

"Castle to E-4!" Ron yells with result in a smash.

" Pawn to C-3!" Smash! Boom! Ron makes me move froward which makes a white bishop explode as I put my hands up protecting my face, into what seemed like a million pieces.

Harry, Ron and Hermione wince.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
The white queen turns around Both Ron and Harry study the game.

"Wait a minute." Harry mutters.

" You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King."

" No, Ron! No!"

"You can't sacrifice yourself!" I scream at Ron.

" No, Ron, you can't!"

Ron closes his eyes and sighs.

Ron turns to face Hermione. " Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, not Ella, you." Harry nods.
" Knight...to H-3."

Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops.

"Check."

The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.

" RON!" Hermione starts walking to him.
" NO! Don't move! Dont forget, we're still playing." Hermione moves back. Harry walks the diagonal in front of the King.
" Checkmate." The Kings sword falls onto the ground, victory. Harry breathes out and then the three of us rush to Ron's side.

"Take care of Ron." Harry started, "Then, go to the owlry. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on."

" You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, you really are." Hermione looks up,into his eyes.

"Not as good as you."

Hermione laughs a little and them smiles, " Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry,just be carefull." Harry nods. He stands up and walked through he door.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I rush to the door we came through. I was supposed to get to Dumbledore to tell him everything. The keys are still stuck against the door when I opened the door. I looked back. There was the broom.

I took the broom in my hand and hopped on.

This was the first time I really rode a broom.

I flew through the door and up using the same spell I used against the devil snare.

Until the trap door...
what am I going to do about fluffy?

I tapped my pockets as I remembered,I still have the flute Hagrid gave me. I opened the trapdoor and through it. The moment I got out I jumped off the broom throwing it at the side.

I back up against door,fluffy barking at me and trying to bite.

I start playing the flute...fluffy stops immediately.

It starts yawning and suddenly layed down. Keeping all it's eyes on me. Slowly each heads eyes close,one for one. I guess I should thank mother for the lessons I was forced to take.

I played till I heard snoring. I run towards the door immediately to Professor McGonagall's office.

I tell her everything.

Professor McGonagall and I rush towards Professor Dumbledore's office.

"Professor Dumbledore!" I say as I rush in but Professor McGonagall shushed me and she explained everything. We all went down the trapdoor and the devil snare.

I ran towards Ron and Hermione,Ron was now conscious and the professors aren't far behind me. Harry was still not back. I ran towards the door Harry vanished into, I stopped when I saw him. Harry was unconscious with the stone in his hand.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Me, Hermione and Ron are talking. We stop when we see Harry with his arm still bandaged. I lean over the railing.

" All right there, Ron?" Harry looks up at Ron.

"All right? You?"

Harry shrugs," All right, Hermione?"

Hermione smiled at him ,"Never better."

Harry looks at me,smiling. I smile back at him.

Great Hall is full of students eating and talking with each other. There are green and silver banners with the Slytherin symbol above our heads, already indicating the house with the most points. Dumbledore gives a slight nod to professor McGonagall, who then clinks her spoon to her glass, to ask attention from all of us. We all fall silent. Dumbledore stands up and speaks with his magically magnified voice.

"Another year, gone! And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarded and the points stand thus. In fourth place: Gryffindor, with 312 points!"