Chapter 35: The Assistant

I went out to Grandma's office with a disheveled face. In the end, I couldn't reject her. My first priority in this place is for my survival. I need to do some sacrifices in order to survive. Otherwise, everything will be useless.

The only thing that is good about this task, is the students who would be included in the auction won't die right away. Considering they would be goods for the auction that will happen in Tifari, they would be safe for months because Tifari is still months away.

Not everyone who would be eliminated on the elimination test could be a 'good' for the auction. My task is to differentiate the best goods for the auction from those who are not. My biggest problem is in the end, I would still have to let someone be killed.

This is definitely a test.

And that's not the only problem. Grandma keeps riddling me a while ago...

Tampering test scores...

I always know that I am not a perfect scorer. I can get a high score, but not a perfect score. 

However, why would my Mama Isabella tamper with my scores?

To help me? Why? 

What Isabella did is dangerous...

"Such a sullen face, are you not happy that Grandma favors you~?" I jolted when a woman jumped in front of me and leaned on my face. "Hello, Conny~," Sister Krone told me with a big smile on her face.

I unconsciously placed my hands on my chest because of shock. "S-sister Krone!" 

Geez, I'll have a heart attack!

"Are you going back to your room? Do you want me to go with you?" Sister Krone asked as she lifted my body and placed me in her arms. "You're really small and cute. Everyone would think that you're just a normal child. I wonder how were your other siblings in the orphanage?"

I immediately lifted my eyes when I heard her mention that. I stared at her smiling face for a while. Although that smile looks warm and unharmful, I know that there is something going on behind her mind. 

A smile appeared on my face when I realized something. 

She has an intention for approaching me.

"I have several siblings, but Don is the closest to me. He is tall and strong and he always helps me when we play tag. He is also competitive, and he always asks Norman to compete with him, but Don is always kind to me."

"Tag?" Sister Krone mumbled. "I am good at playing tag, when I get there maybe I should ask them to play with me?" She asked.

I paused for a moment when I recalled something. 

"Of course, but spoiler alert,  Norman might defeat you. He always plays with tactics and strategies. He is smart!" I told her cheerfully. "Emma can't even win against him, no one can actually defeat him."

"No one?" Sister Krone asked as she glanced at me. There was still a smile plastered on her face. "How about the other children?" She asked.

"Well, maybe Ray has chances of defeating norman, but he'd rather seat under a tree to read books than play," I crossed my arms when I remembered the kids on the orphanage. "He's like a cat."

"Your siblings look interesting they seem smart and lovely, I am sure that we'll get along when I went there," Sister Krone told me. "How about your Mom? How is she like? I heard that Ma'am Isabella is really impressive~?"

Sister Krone is trying to get information from me. I am certain about it.

This is her intention for approaching me.