Chapter 21: Boy Rule Broken

I walk towards the cafeteria with anxiety building up inside me as I feel my heart rate increasing by the minute. I stand outside as I take a deep breath and count to 3 before entering.

At first glance, I feel like I want to turn around and walk back but force my feet to move forward. I look at the students as I notice them sitting in groups. Popular athletes sit together while nerdy smart kids sit together and so on. I then look at the biggest table in the middle to spot, no other than my brothers. 'I didn't know they had so many friends' I think as I see all the students surrounding their table.

There are mostly girls standing around them as the guys sit with them at the table. The girls all look quite similar to me with their tons of makeup, revealing clothes and fake tan. I feel my anxiety building up even more as I think about walking there and eating with all the people around. I don't have social anxiety or anything but that table looks like pure toture for an introverted person.

'Nope i can't do this-' I think but stop as i notice Malcolm spotting me. He looks to be telling the others as Zane and Isaiah turn their heads to look at me. Now all her friends do the same to see what they're looking at. 'Great, now I can't escape' I thought as I slowly walked over there.

"Hey sis, how's your day been so far? Anyone being mean to you?" Isaiah asks as my other brothers look at me emotionlessly while waiting for my answer.

"Everythings been going well" I say with a smile as I try ignoring the looks of the girls at the table.

"You can sit between Zane and Malcolm while i'll go get your food for you" He says as I try protesting but stop as he's already gone to get food. I squeeze myself between my two scary brothers. 'They seem different in school like they're acting colder than usual'.

"Malcom baby, who is this kid and why is she sitting at you all's table?" A girl asks. "Shut up Taylor, she's my little sister" Malcolm harshly says with a death glare as Taylor doesn't seem to mind his attitude but rather used to it. 'Wait, Taylor? like Heather's big sister who she talked about sitting with my brothers?'.

"Aww i wish i had a little sister" A guy says, who i guess is one of my brothers friends.

"Please take mine, she's hella annoying" Another guy says as they both laugh.

"Nah you're little sisters spoiled as hell. I'll take your sister though if that's okay" The guy jokes, looking at Zane.

"You can try although you're not getting a second try" Zane codly says with a sinister smile.

"And why is that?" He asks with a raised brow.

"How are you gonna try a second time when you're already dead?" Zane says as the guys laugh nervously.

"Here's your food" Isaiah says, placing the tray of food down in front of me.

"Thanks" I say as I start eating. After lunch I quickly stand up to leave but fail to notice how the paper of Kai's number falls out of my pocket and onto the floor.

"What the fuck is this?" Malcolm angrily says as he picks up the piece of paper. I panic as I see the paper in his hands as I immediately try snatching it back. Malcolm's too fast though and stands up, holding it too high for me to reach.

"Why did a piece of paper with a number just fall out of your pocket?" Malcolm harshly asks, making the other two look at me with a frown.

"Whose number is this?" Zane asks, grabbing the paper and coming closer to me. I step back, knowing full well that I'm not allowed to talk with boys.

"Isabelle. Who's number?" He asks again with a stern voice. "Don't bother asking her. We'll just call the fucker when we get back home. It'll be better to call in front of Ezekiel anyways" Malcolm says with a smirk as my eyes go wide.

"N-no it's just a girl from math class that's all" I nervously say as Zane takes a step closer.

"Then why are you acting so nervous? it better be a girl otherwise you're in big trouble" He threatens as the whole cafeteria seems to have brought their attention towards us. As I realize this, I quickly run out of the cafeteria with embarrassment. I stop as I run into someone hard, making both of us fall.

"Ouch that hurt" A girl groaned in front of me.

"S-sorry i shouldn't have run in the hall, that was stupid" I apologize as she looks up at me. "It's fine, i hope you didn't hurt yourself" She says as i reach my hand out to help her get up.

"I'm good, I tend to crash into things quite often so I'm used to it" I say, making her laugh. "I'm Alice by the way" She says, standing up.

"Isabelle, but you can call me Belle," I say with a smile. "Sorry to ask but are you ok? You look a bit freaked out" She says as sigh. "I just got in some trouble and I'm afraid of what my brothers are gonna do" I say as she nods in understanding. "Don't worry, just tell me if they hurt you and I'll beat the crap out of them, who are they by the way?" She asks as I can already see what's coming.

"They go to this school, their names are Zane Malcolm and Is-" I say as Alice looks like her spirit just left her body for a second.

"T-t-t-the Romano's!?" She stammers as I look at her confused. "Why do people seem so afraid of them? what in the world have they even done?" I say, feeling tired of not knowing anything.

"Listen sis, there's so much to tell that i don't even think i'll have the time to explain right now. I'll give you my number and you call me after school so i can tell you all i know" She says as i feel great appreciation- wait did she call me sis?

"Thanks...sis? I'll call you if I make it home alive" I say as she gives me a sympathetic smile. I take out my phone for her to write her number in as I wonder why I didn't do the same with Kai. 'He just had to write it on a piece of paper. This is real life, not a freaking fictional world here!'.

"I gotta get going now, i still have 2 classes left" She says as i remember that my day isn't over yet. The next class goes by and I feel myself forgetting what's waiting for me at home.

As school ends, I get a text from Isaiah saying to meet them at the parking lot in 5 minutes.

I suddenly remember that I'm in trouble and mentally curse the universe.

'This is not gonna be good..'