Chapter Twenty (End)

Megumi POV

"So that's why your hair is white now! The curse used it's purple colour."
"Mhm."
We walked onto the pavement.

This part of the city was far prettier than the run down streets and trash that curses usually stayed near.
"So she forgot all about you?"

Gojo shrugged.
"I have no idea. We haven't been in touch since that day. But I did find something on the day that I gathered all of her stuff."
The light went green and he crossed the road as I followed.

"I was transferring all her files to my computer so she could use it without being confused. A presentation was on the screen. As I went through it it was a slideshow of all our memories together."

People were bustling through the walkway of shops and pop up stands.
"On the final slide it said 'Will You Marry Me?'. That day is the only day in my life where I cried so much that I nearly threw up."

I looked to my feet. Hearing all of this...it hurt. It hurt me to think that I had called him an idiot before. He could be annoying sometimes but he didn't deserve that fate.

A fresh scent of flowers filled my nose. I looked up to see a beautiful shop filled with flower assortments.
"So you chose to send her to America?"
I asked. Gojo just smiled.
"How about you go and get us some Tai Ginger Tea and get a iced Chelsea bun."

I frowned.
"From where?"
He pointed to the flower shop. I looked up at him doubtfully. He pushed me towards it.

I grabbed his money and walked into the shop. People were sitting at tables. Drinking tea and coffee. Eating pastries and sandwiches. Flowers filled the walls that some people took and paid for.

For a tiny shop it sure had good business. I wandered up to the counter.
Why does this look like something I've heard of?
Just then a woman came up to me behind the counter.

I noticed her hands first. Light, swirl like scars painted them.
What?
I whipped my head up.
E/C eyes...
She had white hair...with pink roots...

She smiled brightly.
"Hi! Welcome to the Petal and Pastry Studio! My name is Y/N L/N! How may I help you?"