4.5

~May~

Louis sat in the corner of a classroom alone, doing his homework as he snacked on some crackers with cheese, silent as he did so. He'd been doing a lot of thinking lately, and he decided to just get through his final year in one piece before he was making any big decisions about his mental state. Harry thinks he should see a therapist as well - but he couldn't. He didn't think there was anything wrong with him. He had no big trauma like Harry had, and he had no mental problems - like bipolar disorder and depression - like Harry had. He deemed it ridiculous to say he needed help.

He glanced up as the door open and he saw Ashton, which made his heart skip a beat. He hadn't spoken to the lad since they kissed on his doorstep. Well, they didn't really kiss - Ashton kissed him.

"Ashton... I don't really.. I want to be alone," Louis said softly, glancing at the lad.

"Come on... why are you avoiding me? Don't you like me?" He asked quietly. "I need some answers."

"What answers do you want? You're with Liam and I'm in love with Harry," Louis breathed. "You're making my life even more difficult right now by adding more problems on top of my old ones."

"I broke up with Liam," he said quietly, biting his lip.

Louis was quite surprised. "You did? Why?"

"You suggested to do what I thought was best, and this is what I thought -"

The door opened and the two in the room immediately silenced as Harry stepped in. He looked between the two, eyes landing on Ashton, who uncomfortably shifted on his feet before nodding at Louis and leaving the room.

Harry stood for a moment before Louis breathed out. "Harry, we were just talking-"

"You do a lot of talking to him lately. It's whatever, though. You're single. I just need to know... you have to tell me when you're moving on," Harry said slowly.

Louis sighed and leaned back against the wall. He considered telling Harry about the kiss but he decided it would just cause more issues.

"I'm sorry, but I think you're just seeing things that aren't there. Ashton and I are friends. I don't have feelings for him. I have feelings for you. I get that you're insecure because of how I felt about him before-"

"Insecure?" Harry asked with a snort.

"I'm sorry... no - wrong word. I just-"

"I cane to have lunch with you, see if we could talk," Harry interrupted. "Can we talk?"

Louis shifted before nodding, standing up go sit at an actual table. "Sure." He pulled a seat up beside him, but Harry sat across from him instead. "Uh - talk about what? Prom? Because I'd love to talk about that."

"I'm not going to prom," Harry said, shaking his head. "There's absolutely no point in that. I want to go with you and we are on a break right now, so.... I'm just not going."

Louis's cheeks heated up but he nodded. "Oh... well, I hate hearing that. This is a momentous part of being a senior..."

"Yes, but it's just not something I want to do without you... anyways - no, that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about our future. I think-"

"Harry, I love you, too, but maybe we should just focus on school before we focus on a relationship," Louis breathed.

"Stop interrupting me!" Harry snapped, starting to get frustrated. "I wanted to talk about uni!"

Louis was surprised. He looked at the man before swallowing back his words. "I'm sorry," he breathed quietly. "I just... I'm nervous. I'm nervous about everything."