forty seven.

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
dropped

Freda

next day

Freda and Hakeem hadn't been around each other that much. The last time they spoke was at the funeral that Freda had to quickly leave because Jamal had showed up. She had to leave because she couldn't afford to be around Jamal. She couldn't get exposed.

Hakeem had been busy rehearsing for his performance that was in two days. Was she going to watch? Na. She didn't want to see Jamal's face. And the fact that he was on the same track as Hakeem made her angry. He didn't deserve it.

Since she wouldn't be watching the performance, she decided to watch the rehearsal. She slipped into Club Nirvana and sat in the back as Tiana, Hakeem, and the other guy were on stage listening to the choreographer.

The choreographer started the song from the top and Tiana started singing, which made Freda roll her eyes. She didn't care for shorty.

Then Jamal started singing the chorus with Tiana while standing behind her and mirroring her movements. Freda really wished she was deaf.

God, she couldn't stand listening to this shit. Now she understood why they needed Hakeem because the shit was wack. Thank god they stopped singing. Now it was Hakeem's part, and Freda was smiling like crazy.

That was who she wanted to see. And Hakeem was killing it too. It kinda made Freda want to show up at the performance after all, but she wouldn't.

Here goes Tiana and Jamal singing the lame ass chorus again. The choreographer had all three of them doing the same choreography, but Freda was paying attention to Hakeem. The other two were irrelevant.

Whenever her eyes landed on Jamal, all she did was glare at him because he shouldn't be on the same stage as Hakeem. He wasn't loyal to him. He had put his fucking hands on him. Jamal was lucky she didn't put her hands on him.

But she did far worse, so it was all good.

"They're a dope trio, huh?" some guy with cornrows and a bandana said. His name was Gram or whatever.

"Not even close," she replied.

"True. Hakeem messes it up."

Freda defended her idol. "The fuck did you just say?"

"Exactly what I said. Hakeem messes it up."

She pushed him. "Hakeem doesn't mess up shit, so watch your mouth!"

"Hey! If you two are going to watch, then you need to be quiet! If not, get out!" the choreographer yelled.

Gram said, "We'll behave, Dana."

"You better behave, Gram!"

Then she focused back on the trio, and Freda wondered how the hell Gram knew her.

Gram looked at her. "See what you did? Now they know we're here."

"I don't give a fuck. I'm not hiding like you."

"Who am I hiding from?"

"Didn't that Blake guy fuck your shit up?" Freda recalled.

"Clearly not if I'm still here."

"Yeah, Blake clearly did a shitty job. You're lucky he shot you and not me, because you wouldn't be breathing right now," she threatened.

Gram laughed. "Am I supposed to be scared?"