☔︎︎Chapter seven: you are not a God☔︎︎

"Jesus Nicklaus, it's just her first day

"Jesus Nicklaus, it's just her first day." Sade whispers to him under her breath,

"Save the pissing contest for after class Klaus." Rune speaks.

"Oh but she's such a delite to toy with." He defended with such contempt.

God why is everyone in this school so fucking attractive, it makes it hard to criticize them.

"I know what obsolete means," I bite back, " You should save your breath for more impactful opinions Nicole."

"It's Niklaus." He seethes,

"And it's the first period." Mr Kingston buts in and rightfully so because I was about to lose my shit at seven in the morning. "Miss Petrov is right, let's get on with it and share some impactful opinions, let's start with you since you have so much to say Klaus."

"I think that on the basis of humanity, our kind would cease to exist without something keeping them going, human beings simply need something to believe in regardless of what it is. Perhaps I'm speaking from a biased standpoint growing up in the church but I do believe that with the amount of miracles that happen everyday, that is evidence enough that there is a God and therefore religion is here to stay." Nicklaus concludes and a few people write down his opinion in agreement,

"May I?" I ask raising my hand and Mr Kingston grants me permission to speak, "I think that at the rate our generation is going, and advances in science and the debunking of such miracles as you call them that the need for religion will soon dissolve. As human beings are becoming more and more self reliant and turning to facts more than theory, there will no longer be a need for a Godly figure. However I do agree with your statement about that we all need something to believe in, and while perhaps I too speak from a biased view being an atheist who doesn't quite see the point in believing in something simply because of so called faith. The oxford Dictionary defines faith as a strong belief; so at the end of the day faith is simply how much you believe in some thing, doesn't make it true." I countered and Niklaus scoffed appearing almost stunned at my confidence.