***
My new group led me to the Sterling Silver barn in silence.

"Listen, if you want to make friends, Sterling Silver is not something you want to mention," The oldest guy said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"We are not the school's winning team, let's just say that," The girl said, scowling.

"So you haven't gotten first place, what's the big deal?" I asked.

"I don't know how to break it to you kid, but we are the lame losers, who have never won," The other guy said.

"Well I am the lame loser who has never competed, that's not going to win me any friends either '' I said.

"Fair enough, Stella," the girl said as we reached the barn. She glanced at me, before looking at the barn. She gasped, glancing at the other boys who were looking at the barn, one of the eyes was wide, while the other shrugged his shoulders as if to say, it is what it is.

"Well it's better than being egged, '' one of the boys said.

"Or teepeed" Stella added

"Or 'accidentally' catching the cabin on fire," the other boy said.

"They are simply wishing us good luck" The older boy observed.

" It says 'good luck losers, you're going to need it' in spray paint, I'm pretty sure they aren't wishing us measly good luck" I pointed out.

"Well you are now one of the most hated people in school, welcome, I am Damion," The older one said, as he pulled open the doors so I could walk Clover into the barn.

" 'm Ben, that's your stall, you tack up and untack in the stall," The other boy said, gesturing to the only empty stall.

"Next to the bathroom, is the stairs, to the attic, where we are rooming since our cabin got burned down, you're in charge of doing everything for yourself, except for vet and farrier, there are numbers in the tack room, and the school will pay for everything, but you have to schedule everything for yourself," Damion said, as I untacked.
***

Vote if you liked it

Comment your thoughts

Share with your friends

~G