“Would either of you like to admit anything?” I asked, one morning, as I measured the grain for Clover. Stella looked at me curiously wondering what I found out. 

“No?” Ben said it came out more like a question. 

“What about you, Damion?” I asked. 

“Nothing comes to me,” He said. 

“Really?” I asked, “What about telling us that your horse is nearly completely green?” I asked. “And Ben, I gave you an easy chance to admit that your horse was blind. We are a team, if there is something that is life-changing we should have been informed. I cannot believe you guys have gone this long being bashed and bullied by the other teams. I have been here six months, and I am tired of them all thinking and acting like they are better than us. We all worked hard to get a place in this school and act like it. And while we have a few weeks to prepare for our next show, I am going to train you daily. Since I have been here which has been six months, I haven't seen either of you ride off the show ring once, not even once. I don't care if you don't want to ride, we are riding, and we are going to place even if it kills us,”
***

Vote if you liked it

Comment your thoughts

Share with your friends

~G