13

***
“Your team finished, in the first place, with 59.23 seconds, what can you say about your team?” The interview asked me. 

“We all have our differences, we have all had our own problems throughout the shows, but together we have managed to pull through” I answered. 

“What does this tied world record mean for you?” The interviewer asked. 

“I was astonished to see what my time was. Over this year I have dropped from a fourteen to fifteen average, all the way to thirteen and forty-six seconds. I feel like I am going to wake up any second and find this whole year to just have been a dream.” I answered. It was weird being drilled, by someone trying to pry on my life. We were rodeo people, not talk show hosts, that could talk freely with a camera around. I just hoped what was coming out of my mouth made sense. 

“So how do you feel about winning another first place?” The interview asked me. 

“This is my very first place, other than the place in my last show before I got a scholarship to Mossy Oak Barrel Racing Academy, I had never competed, horse wise in my entire life, it was a very dramatic life chance, to say the least but I'm glad I got the chance to try something new” I answered the best I could. 

“What is the future of Sterling Silver now that you have won, the attention of most barrel racers, and anyone interested in the sport?” The interviewer asked. 

“The future of the four of us isn't decided, since Damion will be graduating in a few weeks, I most likely won't continue competing at Mossy Oak. I cannot speak for the rest of my group, but it wouldn't feel right without the entire group together. I am confident we will stay friends for a while, but there is a good chance you won't ever see us again, together in a show ring.” I answered honestly. 

“You mentioned not competing with Mossy Oak, what are your plans for next year?” The interview followed up with my last response. 

“Mossy Oak was never going to be a permanent school for my entire four years of high school. In Fact, before I got the letter of acceptance I never knew about the school. Before the acceptance letter I was planning on going to a boarding school with my best friend, so that is probably where you will find me for the next three years”
***

Vote if you liked it

Comment your thoughts

Share with your friends

~G