34 | Rings and Conflicts

"You can come out, you know?"

From behind his blind fold, Gojo keeps his eyes on the lantern in front of him.

It was late and he was supposed to be asleep, yet the man chooses to ignore the cold nipping at his skin. Gojo can handle the drop of temperature- Y/N did ask him to look after the kids and the house when she left for a mission.

For some reason, hearing those words come from her was oddly refreshing. Is this what it feels to finally have the womans trust that he didn't know he's been yearning for years?

He wanted it- her trust. So desperately. It was worth getting upset over and aside from playful banters, Gojo never gets mad. All because he wanted to share the pain with her.

"You got good eyes.."

Gojo lets out a small laugh.

"Why did you climb the roof? It's freezing."

The shikigami flapped its wings, providing support to Fushiguro whom had just jumped out his shared bedrooms window- before returning to the shadows, Nue had made sure that the boy was now balanced and the lantern in his hand is lit.

Unfortunately, the moon isn't enough to provide a brighter light tonight. There's too much clouds.

"Couldn't sleep." Fushiguro mutters, "What are you doing here, sensei?"

'Ah, sensei.' Gojo thought, glancing at the boy from over his shoulder. still the same as before. Of course they may have been soon-to-be clan heads before, but that didn't stop Fushiguro from lowering his pride and asking Gojo to teach him a few ways to fight- after all, he would've hated himself if he stayed at the sidelines as he watch every samurai around him die.

He wasn't worth dying for, he said.

People like Gojo is, he said.

Fueled with that disturbing thought of people dying for him and his own motivation, Fushiguro and Gojo had their little training sessions from time to time until Naoya finally snapped- forbidding Gojo to step foot in the Zen'in house and then Naoya went ahead and took Fushiguro under his wing.

"Waiting." is Gojo's simple answer.

Fushiguro raises a brow, looking around the roof while he held out his own lantern in front of him.

"For Y/N?"

Gojo hums.

"Are you two.. Married or something?"

Fushiguro was being genuine with hia question since whenever he sees the two adults, they were either sweet or Gojo was acting like someone he isn't- if Gojo had only seen the look on the boys face when he shakes his head to answer No.

"Us? No!" Gojo smiles, now turning to the boy, "What made you think that?"

Fushiguro scratches the back of his head using his free hand.