Always be together

Shrieks filled the great hall, a lot of people had been singing along with sirius. As he stopped, they stopped too.
James and Lily grabbed eachother, not planning to let go. Sirius looked at their intertwined hands, and leapt off the stage. Pushing through everyone, he had to get to remus. Remus was also running towards sirius. When they collided sirius pulled him into the tightest hug he could and put his head on remus shoulder. He looked up to see tears in the other boys eyes. Remus muttered,
"you're crazy" to which Sirius replied,
"I love you"
"Did you do this?"
"No"
"I love you too"
"I mean it"
"I know you do pads"
"Everything about you"
Remus had nothing to reply to that, this boy, this wonderful crazy prankster of a boy, loved him. Loved everything about him. He didn't think he could ever ask for more.
Both boys were crying, pulling each other tighter and it wasn't until dumbledore spoke that they realised that it was silent in the hall, and that they needed to listen, but they didn't break their hands apart.

"It appears there has been a breach of our security. Could all 6 years and below people evacuate the hall. Now."
as the sixth years and below headed up to their common rooms, chatting feverishly and excitedly, although it was not the good kind of excited, more of anticipation.

The seventh years remained behind, looking for Dumbledore for the next move.

"Boys and girls, witches and wizards. This is the fight that will either save our school or bring it too its knees. We need every one of you to help defend us and if any of you," his eyes glanced over the slytherins "wish not to participate then please follow mr filch now." a few slytherins scurried out as the remaining students gave them dirty looks.

"Prepare yourself."

the gryffindors formed their pack, remus' pack. The hunters.

"So guys, this is it. Let's kick some death eater butt." James said trying not too break down.

"Yeah" the rest of them echoed, wands pointing at the window.

Lucy was the first to scream. Her shrieks filled the hall and other girls were quick to follow. James looked over to Lily who was next to him. She had a serious and determined expression on her face, she wasn't about to scream any time soon. James' face lit up. She was strong.

It took 56 seconds. 56 seconds for mayhem to break out.

The window smashed as the black bats flew into the great hall, hexes flying everywhere. The death eaters split, each taking on a student or teacher.
What made it worse was that they weren't simple stunning spells, they were the unforgivables.

Sirius couldn't tear his eyes away from the scene of destruction. And this curse was only broken when he heard remus shout his name.

"Sirius help !"