[32]

Gee

I looked over at my brother and he has this angry expression on his face. He just got off the phone and told me to go pack up.

"So who I'm going to have to kill?"

There was no way I was seeing this shit right. There is no way that we got outed out like that.

"Can't you just schedule an emergency meeting or something?"

Ace cut his eyes at me. "Can't do that if niggas aren't listening. They think I'm working for a Superior just because."

"The problem isn't with each other anymore but with Santana. Shit has been going on for far too long. Some things are bigger than colors. These niggas coming into our city and fucking everything up and I want them dead. And whoever outed us is dead too, on my life," Ace said, eyes glued to the news that showed on the television screen.

Months ago, those words would have never left my brother's mouth, so this was something.

"Javier closing in on us. We gotta dip out and lay low for a minute. The whole city got a problem with us now."

I went into my room to begin packing two bags. I have no idea where we're going, Ace never told me. When I was done, I walked to the front where Ace already has his things.

This pissed off expression never left his face.

My mind wondered who in the fuck would do this to us? There are so many people who would set us up, praying on our downfall.

My brother locked the front door while I put my things in the backseat. My eyes looked around the dark neighborhood and I saw a car sitting on a curb.

Ace noticed too because he quickly put his things in the backseat before shutting the door. The person finally got out their car and made their presence known.

It's that bitch's father. The one Kasey told me about. The one who has a warrant for all of our arrests.

Brooks.

"Gee, get in the car," my brother tells me.

"But I—" I start before Ace cut me off.

"What I say?"

Not feeling like arguing with his ass, I hop my black ass in the car. That still wasn't going to stop me from listening though. I crack the car door open just enough to hear what he is talking about to Brooks.

"Working with Cisco? I knew there was something going on," he darkly chuckled. "Not to mention your faggot of a brother seeing that boy on Superiors for a while."

Ace pulls out his gun. "I'll kill you if you say something smart about my brother again."

"I'm just saying, basically the whole city knows. I don't know how the news came out but I'm shocked."

Something tells me he's on this shit.

"Go ahead and leave. It's still not going to solve anything. A warrant is issued out for your arrest by the police for the four of you. Which means..." Brooks pulls out some handcuffs. "I'll arrest you, but all those charges can be dropped if you do me a favor."

"Fuck your favor," Ace says, beginning to walk away.

"I know you don't you or your poor brother having to sit in a penitentiary together. Least the two of you won't be separated."