𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

Evanna Hill is a Queen.

Not the kind you think of regal, majestic and beautiful. She is beyond beautiful, but her personality is shit. She's a grade-A Bitch. That's a higher grade than I get on any of my papers.

I hate Evanna, and she hates me. It's the only thing we will ever have a mutual agreement on. It's a shame, in another life, I would have cherished her, loved her and fucked her. Hard.

If only she had let me, but no. Instead, she chose to be manipulative, all because she didn't get what she wanted 2 years ago.

Me.

You would think we would act like grown adults and move on, but that will never happen.

In my dreams, she is the prettiest fantasy but, when I wake, she is the devil, lips a precious rose but her words are thorns.

She's cold. Unaffected. Her rose is frozen in darkness.

If only she realised she wasn't as unaffected as she likes to believe she is. I can rile her up. Boy, do I do that. I may hate her, but I can appreciate that when I make her angry, it's funny as fuck. She's so small, and being a hockey player means I have a height and build advantage. So when she is angry, she doesn't appear very threatening.

"Stop staring. Anyone will think you like her." A nudge to my shoulder disrupts my evil-eyed stare towards the queen. She's at her locker, surrounded by her perfect friends and laughing. Her head tips back and her blonde curls fall down her back like honey dripping from her stem.

I wish it could cut them off.

No, burn them.

"Me and her." I nod my head towards her and scoff, "Never gonna happen."

Ronan's lips twitch as he watches me. His eyebrows raise as he crosses his arms. His biceps bulge and it reminds me I need to start training again. See if people think I'm tall, Ronan is taller. The guy is a giant. We have been best buds since I can remember and I'm lucky to be able to share my love for hockey with him.

I narrow my eyes at him and copy his stance as we have a stare down. I could take him in a fight and I would fuck him up. It's almost like he knows what I'm thinking. He smirks and takes a step closer to me so we're nose to nose.

"Fine." I gulp and step back. He wins. His eyes flicker behind me and I know her majesty is here, so with a sigh I spin around to face her.