7) "플레이어 구십-이, 탈락" (Angst)

A/N: I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I swear I'm sorry :')

Quiindom
_XxNeonxX_
kaoesthetic
Causers

POV 남준
-------------

"In this game, by using your ten marbles, you are going to compete against your partner. The player which takes all ten marbles from their partner, wins."

Namjoon felt like the whole world stopped. Then he looked at his partner. He was the only person he was the closest to in this place. Or so Namjoon thought he was. How would Namjoon be able to play against him?

The latter looked at him with an unreadable expression, but then smiled. What's going on inside your head? Namjoon questioned him, but in his mind.

Both of them didn't speak, just sat down on the stairs of one of the fake houses. They had thirty minutes to play the game and decide a winner.

"This is the biggest tragedy since the Korean war. Won't you agree?" The ravenette joked.

"What are we going to play?" Namjoon replied with a question. At this the ravenette pouted a bit, playfully.

"You're so cold. As cold as ice." Namjoon didn't speak, or better worded, ignored him.

"Are you really a spy from the North?"

"Stop talking nonsense." Namjoon snapped. "Tell me what game do we play."

The latter only smiled and looked down. "I have no idea either."

It was silent for a bit. But then the ravenette spoke again. "This is what those boomers used to play as kids." Then he giggled a bit and looked at Namjoon, no signs of a smile anymore. Just a nonchalant expression.

"They said we're free to create our own rules. I'll give it some thought." Namjoon remained silent at that. As if agreeing but ignoring him.

"Let's," Namjoon looked at him when the boy started speaking after a while. "end the game in one round." He remained silent and just looking at him, urging him to go on.

"Let's bet everything and just play one round." Namjoon agreed but remained silent.

"Do you want to do that for the entire remaining time?" He asked. Namjoon knew what he was talking about. Namjoon's silent treatment.

Then they looked at the players near them. The sound had brought their attention to them.

"Fine, what are we playing?" Namjoon asked, expression still neutral.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Namjoon just looked at him. "Are you dying to kill me?" He joked.

"We're playing just one round, we have some time left." The ravenette continued as Namjoon remained silent, not even looking his way. "Let's do it last minute."

"Then what are we going to do until then?" Namjoon asked, expression still neutral.

The boy-or-so-Namjoon-assumed smiled and spoke, "Let's talk."

"Talk about what?"

"Things we couldn't tell other people." He looked at his lap, smile still prominent on his face.

"One of us is going to die here anyway. No matter what we tell each other. There's no reason to feel embarrassed" Then he looked up at Namjoon. "Don't you think?"